Go Back   GameFront Forums > The InfoDesk > Announcements and Support > GameFront.com Forums Help Center

Remember Me?

GameFront.com Forums Help Center Report any problems you may have on the forums here
GameFront.com Official Tech Support can be found here

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 12th, 2011   #1
ROCKETTTTTTT
I need to register

Default Can't download file

I have been trying to download THIS for whole day now..

it gives me 3 different kind of errors.

Right now I can get to the page where it says:

Thank you for downloading ProjectAlpine.exe
Your download will begin in a moment. If it does not, click here.
Maximum download speed can be currently limited.
Please try to come back later for much better experience.

I do click here/wait out few seconds and it redirects me to a broken site
Firefox ei suuda leida faili asukohast http://media1.gamefront.com/pub2/Sol...91635&ext=.exe
(firefox cant find file from location... link)

if I dont get that error, its either download button being replaced with text that my file isnt available currently OR the loadin icon thing keeps loading and loading after clicking download

i really need the file and filefront is the only place i could find it from.

Old February 12th, 2011   #2
ROCKET!#"!
I need to register

Default Re: Can't download file

Sorry for double post but cant edit considering im not registered, here's another one....

Thank you for downloading ProjectAlpine.exe
The file you are looking for seems to be unavailable at the moment.
Please come back later.
Please Click here to go back to the file

however I can download EVERYTHING else.

Old February 13th, 2011   #3
I'm too cool to Post

Matuatay is a n00b

Im actually having the same thing happen to me with this file: http://www.gamefront.com/files/17066...l_Sailor_7_zip

I get the same two different messages/errors also. Not sure what's going on but hoping there's some computer genius out there who can help a novice out.
Old February 20th, 2011   #4
Feralidragon
I need to register

Also the same problem here. I did some stuff for Unreal Tournament (and still I am still developing for it), and some users reported that they couldn't download certain mods and such from the filefront/gamefront links I provided, as: VenomX_dxs.zip and TheUltimate.rar, between a few others.

It seems that they are broken links (for some odd reason, they have always downloads as users/players are constantly downloading my stuff, so they're not "inactive" files), however in the past filefront simply posted a page saying the file didn't exist, however now it seems that the download link is still there but it's simply broken.

I have no issues in reuploading my stuff, but I would like at least that once a file got deleted it got reported and/or the page in question gives the right info instead of deceiving users into clicking and get an error.

Thanks

Old February 21st, 2011   #5
Feralidragon
I need to register

UPDATE:

It's worse than it seems. I just deleted the old files, reuploaded new ones, and the exact same thing happens.
For now I will have to mirror the files in another host, but I honestly hope this gets fixed soon, otherwise I will really have to upload my files elsewhere, which sucks :\

Old February 21st, 2011   #6
Hater of all things "Apple" (except the fruit)

Jeff is addicted to GFJeff is addicted to GFJeff is addicted to GFJeff is addicted to GFJeff is addicted to GFJeff is addicted to GFJeff is addicted to GFJeff is addicted to GFJeff is addicted to GFJeff is addicted to GFJeff is addicted to GF
Send a message via ICQ to Jeff Send a message via AIM to Jeff Send a message via MSN to Jeff

Howdy folks,

I apologize for this, as I know how frustrating not being able to get the files you want can be.

We have been experiencing issues with a handful of files which are not uploading properly. This is a technical issue on our end, nothing that is your fault.

We're currently looking into the matter and hope to have it resolved very soon.

Jeff "n0e" Mills
Community Manager, GameFront.com Network
------------
For all GameFront related support please click here. | Please do not send direct emails or private messages asking me for help.
Old February 22nd, 2011   #7

Jeff is addicted to GFJeff is addicted to GFJeff is addicted to GFJeff is addicted to GFJeff is addicted to GFJeff is addicted to GFJeff is addicted to GFJeff is addicted to GFJeff is addicted to GFJeff is addicted to GFJeff is addicted to GF
Send a message via ICQ to Jeff Send a message via AIM to Jeff Send a message via MSN to Jeff

I just wanted to reply to let everyone know this issue is still being looked into. We didn't forget about it or ignore it.

It's an issue that seems to be more complex then it looks like.

Jeff "n0e" Mills
------------
For all GameFront related support please click here. | Please do not send direct emails or private messages asking me for help.
Old February 25th, 2011   #8
I take what n0e says way too seriously

starfox1701 should make some friends

Any idea when the DL sysrem will be fixed?

In Life unlike Chess the Game continues after CheckMate
Old March 1st, 2011   #9

The download system should be resolved.

However, if the file still does not work, it must be reuploaded.

Jeff "n0e" Mills
------------
Old April 15th, 2012   #10
I'm too cool to Post

flybyu has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Jazzy Jeff View Post
The download system should be resolved.

However, if the file still does not work, it must be reuploaded.

I am having this trouble today file unavailable. I uploaded a file same type then deleted it a hour later then uploaded it again to fix something in the file and it says file unavailable. FBUFLSM79fC.flmod | Game Front
Closed Thread