Go Back   GameFront Forums > The Games > Battlefield Series > Battlefield Mod: Forgotten Hope > Forgotten Hope General Discussion

Remember Me?

Forgotten Hope General Discussion Discuss on the bf1942 FH mod here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 10th, 2005   #1
ARTE ET MARTE

UTHER is a n00b
Default Organised Forum Fh Games

I was just woundering if anybody on this forum organised FH games to be played at certain times on certain servers. Cos its just occured to me that there are alot of like minded people on this server, who would probably get alot from playing FH together on a certain server say (WOLF) at a certain time (CGMT), and this way we could then bring up a whole new topic of conversation with one another to do with the FH games that we played in together say the day before. If this has already been suggested then im sorry, and feel free to flame away.

WHEN YOU GO HOME, TELL THEM OF US AND SAY, FOR YOUR TOMORROW, WE GAVE OUR TODAY.

SGT J. L. WILLIAMS: Royal Electrical Mechanical Engineers. Died at El Alamein, 1942.
UTHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2005   #2
The Bad

MrFancypants knows no limitMrFancypants knows no limitMrFancypants knows no limitMrFancypants knows no limitMrFancypants knows no limitMrFancypants knows no limitMrFancypants knows no limitMrFancypants knows no limitMrFancypants knows no limitMrFancypants knows no limitMrFancypants knows no limit
Default Re: Organised Forum Fh Games

Excellent idea.
As far as I know a lot of people here are in different clans, so we even might have servers for such actions.
The only problem is that it might be difficult to get players from different time zones (US, Europe and whatever else) to play at the same time on a server that might have a high ping for them.
But I'd join anyway

MrFancypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2005   #3
Banned
El Bano

myrkul_8 should make some friends
Send a message via MSN to myrkul_8

This is a good idea tho I will never be there anyway... My comp is too slow... (long map loadtime)

[URL="http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/687/myrkulsig3as.gif"][IMG]http://bihlet.shackspace.com/signature.gif[/IMG]
[/URL]
Original signature by Terminus @ TheTrenches
myrkul_8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2005   #4
ARTE ET MARTE

UTHER is a n00b

Id love to play FH with the chaps here, dont even mind staying up till 3am to do it with say chaps in America, Japan, Australia, New Zealand and Russia. It could just be a simple post say-- FH Forum game to be played at 1800 hrs CGMT on Wolf server see you there chaps-- and then everybody who was going to play there at that time could post a reply with what time they expect to join the game and what player name they will be using etc etc.

WHEN YOU GO HOME, TELL THEM OF US AND SAY, FOR YOUR TOMORROW, WE GAVE OUR TODAY.

SGT J. L. WILLIAMS: Royal Electrical Mechanical Engineers. Died at El Alamein, 1942.
Old February 10th, 2005   #5
Canadian, eh

|D|-Crazycanuck has disabled reputation

When my clan, Dissidents, played BF1942 (pre-BFV), we use to have PUG nights every Friday night at 9 pm EST. It was very popular sometimes going 'til the morning. Its a great way to meet people and have tons of fun.

Currently our server is running only FH, so if you guys want, we could host the same for FH on our server Friday at 9pm est, our teamspeak ip is the same as our server ip 69.56.162.50

The server would be passworded so only forum readers would be able to join. If there is interest here, let me know and I'll make the arrangements.

Here is our normal map rotation
Arnhem
Battle of Foy
Berlin
Stalingrad
Karelia
Zielona Gora
Battle of Valerisk
Falaise Pocket
Iwo Jima
Omaha Beach
Gold Beach
Karkov
Battle of the Bulge
Market Garden
Liberation of Caen
El Alamein
Crete
Gazala
Guadal Canal

1 round on each map, 40 minutes. Settings can be changed.

Last edited by |D|-Crazycanuck; February 10th, 2005 at 07:14 AM.
|D|-Crazycanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2005   #6
SYNERGY Member

[SYN] hydraSlav has been known to help people[SYN] hydraSlav has been known to help people
Send a message via ICQ to [SYN] hydraSlav

From what i remember, WOLF used to have a WolfClash every week, but you need to be a member and know the password. Dunno if they still hold it.

www.Forgottenhope.net is having multiple schedulled play nights. For example, Wednesdays is "Air and Sea" (only air and see maps). There is also a Sunday session, which starts early in the morning (for NA people) to accomodate players from other countries. There is a Custom Map night on Tuesdays. And if your clan is part of FH.net, there is also a ClanNight on Friday (but you need password for that too)

[SYN] hydraSlav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2005   #7
ARTE ET MARTE

UTHER is a n00b

Sounds good is 9pm CGMT, and whats the password cos im interested.

Old February 10th, 2005   #8
Canadian, eh

|D|-Crazycanuck has disabled reputation

Since it appears most readers here are in Europe, I can lock and password the server at a time better suited for you. If I lock it on Saturday or Sunday at 3pm EST Canada, that would make it 8 or 9pm in Europe.

Password would be 'fhpug'. I can also set up your own Teamspeak channels so you all can chat live to each other.

If your interested let me know.

Actually if there is enough interest I could do it now, since I'm home. If you come on to the Dissidents TS, I've created an FH PUG channel.

|D|-Crazycanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2005   #9
Serious business brigade

Tas is as cool as a ModeratorTas is as cool as a ModeratorTas is as cool as a ModeratorTas is as cool as a ModeratorTas is as cool as a ModeratorTas is as cool as a ModeratorTas is as cool as a ModeratorTas is as cool as a ModeratorTas is as cool as a ModeratorTas is as cool as a ModeratorTas is as cool as a Moderator

I dont know about this.. DO i look forward being basecamped by USMA and arty raped by Hydraslav?

nah..

Seriously tho, sounds good.. But its going to be hard to organise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Bernard Shaw
No man ever believes that the Bible means what it says; he is always convinced that it says what he means.
Tas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2005   #10
11PzG Grunt
Major

FactionRecon is familiar with GFFactionRecon is familiar with GFFactionRecon is familiar with GF
Send a message via AIM to FactionRecon Send a message via MSN to FactionRecon

I'd join in for sure if someone could get a server and set a time that I could do. I've played occasiannly with guys from here and it's very fun.

FactionRecon is offline   Reply With Quote