Go Back   GameFront Forums > The Games > Battlefield Mod: Forgotten Hope > FH Off Topic

Remember Me?

FH Off Topic Unrelated topics (no spamming).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 8th, 2009   #1
Mas stylie por favor...
Master Debater

stylie is a person of good advicestylie is a person of good advicestylie is a person of good advicestylie is a person of good advicestylie is a person of good advicestylie is a person of good advicestylie is a person of good advicestylie is a person of good advice
Default The Industrial Hemp Farming Act of 2009

Ron Paul pisses common sense.

Ron Paul and Barney Frank Introduce Hemp Farming Legislation - HR 1866 | Ron Paul .com

Here is an interesting and enlightening assortment of hemp facts:
1) Hemp is among the oldest industries on the planet, going back more than 10,000 years to the beginnings of pottery. The Columbia History of the World states that the oldest relic of human industry is a bit of hemp fabric dating back to approximately 8,000 BC.
2) Presidents Washington and Jefferson both grew hemp. Americans were legally bound to grow hemp during the Colonial Era and Early Republic. The federal government subsidized hemp during the Second World War and U.S. farmers grew about a million acres of hemp as part of that program.
3) Hemp seed is nutritious and contains more essential fatty acids than any other source, is second only to soybeans in complete protein (but is more digestible by humans), is high in B-vitamins, and is a good source of dietary fiber. Hemp seed is not psychoactive and cannot be used as a drug.
4) The bark of the hemp stalk contains bast fibers, which are among the Earth's longest natural soft fibers and are also rich in cellulose. The cellulose and hemi-cellulose in its inner woody core are called hurds. Hemp stalk is not psychoactive. Hemp fiber is longer, stronger, more absorbent and more insulative than cotton fiber.
5) According to the Department of Energy, hemp as a biomass fuel producer requires the least specialized growing and processing procedures of all hemp products. The hydrocarbons in hemp can be processed into a wide range of biomass energy sources, from fuel pellets to liquid fuels and gas. Development of bio-fuels could significantly reduce our consumption of fossil fuels and nuclear power.
6) Hemp can be grown organically. Only eight, out of about one hundred known pests, cause problems, and hemp is most often grown without herbicides, fungicides or pesticides. Hemp is also a natural weed suppressor due to fast growth of the canopy.
7) Hemp produces more pulp per acre than timber on a sustainable basis, and can be used for every quality of paper. Hemp paper manufacturing can reduce wastewater contamination. Hemp's low lignin content reduces the need for acids used in pulping, and its creamy color lends itself to environmentally-friendly bleaching instead of harsh chlorine compounds. Less bleaching results in less dioxin and fewer chemical by-products.
8) Hemp fiber paper resists decomposition, and does not yellow with age when an acid-free process is used. Hemp paper more than 1,500 years old has been found. Hemp paper can also be recycled more times than wood-based paper.
9) Hemp fiberboard produced by Washington State University was found to be twice as strong as wood-based fiberboard. No additional resins are required due to naturally-occurring lignins.
10) Eco-friendly hemp can replace most toxic petrochemical products. Research is being done to use hemp in manufacturing biodegradable plastic products: plant-based cellophane, recycled plastic mixed with hemp for injection-molded products, and resins made from the oil, to name a very few examples. Over two million cars on the road today have hemp composite parts for door panels, dashboards, luggage racks, etc.

Signature removed. Please read the rules.
stylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2009   #2
I spend enough time here

sheikyerbouti is an upstanding membersheikyerbouti is an upstanding membersheikyerbouti is an upstanding member
Default Re: The Industrial Hemp Farming Act of 2009

1) It is also the largest untaxed cash crop in America.
2) Hemp seed tastes pretty good.
3) THC has myriad applications in the fields of medicine for treatments and therapies.
4) Hemp doesn't rot, hence its utility in shipping during WW2 (anecdotally related to me by Merchant Mariners)

A legalized framework for the sales and cultivation of Marijuana would remove the criminal incentive to traffic this herb entirely. This in turn would allow the overworked law enforcement agencies to focus on truly pressing matters like the Crystal Meth problem that is raging in the USA.

The abolishment of the prohibition of alcohol demonstrates that this is possible. It only requires a strong political will to resist the fat cat lobbyists and make the right decision based on hard science, not obsolete and narrow minded personal viewpoints.

Legalize it,
(honorary member of NORML Kentucky, Hempology 101 international and long term advocate for the mature and responsible use of cannabis and related products.)

The Vancouver Owe-lympics 2010,
An excuse for the rich to party here in march.
sheikyerbouti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2009   #3
Do the Squirrel Dance!

[WOLF] Ionizer is generally helpful[WOLF] Ionizer is generally helpful

I always figured the only (or at least the biggest) reason Marijuana isn't legal and regulated is because of pressure from Big Tobacco lobbyists. Seriously, would you rather smoke cigarettes or weed? Given the choice if both were legal, I think we know what most people would choose.

That being said, I haven't ever smoked either. No tobacco because of what it did to my Grandma and Great-Grandma (My Great-Grandma was on oxygen 24/7 for over a decade before she passed away recently, and my Grandma has been on it for the last few years as well, both because they smoked cigarettes since they were 15). No weed because the opportunity hasn't really presented itself to me (I have no friends to go the "peer pressure" route, and the one time I was offered it, I declined because I thought it might impair my Dungeons and Dragons game [shut up]).

[WOLF] Ionizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2009   #4
I am also [130.Pz]Gef.Elche Pz
Best Thread

Moose12 knows the best jokesMoose12 knows the best jokesMoose12 knows the best jokesMoose12 knows the best jokesMoose12 knows the best jokesMoose12 knows the best jokes
Send a message via AIM to Moose12 Send a message via MSN to Moose12

I had a dream that Ron Paul was a professor here at my Uni, how odd.

Moose12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2009   #5
Fishing the OT Waters

Stray03 is generally helpfulStray03 is generally helpful

Most of the industrial hemp wouldn't interest pot heads anyways because it is not grown for its THC. AKA really low quality pot. Pot farmers on the other hand grow it specifically for the THC and thus are able to get a product with a much Higher % of THC. (AKA "That's some good shit")
For me on the other hand I can't stand the taste or smell of the shit so Personally I like that it's banned, because if it wasn't Potheads would be like the asshole smokers smoking infront of building doors, and inline at he bus stop so that the wind blows it into our faces. This way they still have to hide themselves and thus don't blow smoke rings in your face in public places.

Private Joker: How can you shoot women or children?
Door Gunner: Easy! Ya just don't lead 'em so much! Ain't war hell?
Stray03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2009   #6
[130.Pz] Obgr. Lainer Grn.

Lainer is generally helpfulLainer is generally helpful

I <3 Ron Paul. Ron Paul 2012 anyone?

Lainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2009   #7
I spend enough time here

sheikyerbouti is an upstanding membersheikyerbouti is an upstanding membersheikyerbouti is an upstanding member

Stray03,

you are full of shit again. It wouldn't be smoked everywhere, at least since it already is in those places anyways. I have been to Montreal enough to know that it's no different there than out here

I seriously believe in legalization due to the legal and taxation advantages that would occur.
reasons:
Cops could actually bust real criminals,
there would be less people clogging the courts with minor charges.
Legal aid money could go to the people who really need it (not potheads).
Pot tax would be similar to cigarette taxes therefore it would be quite lucrative for the government.
Legalization would reduce the stigma of the drug and allow for its proper place in the world of pharmacology as an effective treatment ( for M.S.,aids,general analgesic, etc.)

man, I could go on and on,

@ Ion

Pot kind of fell out of favour in the 1920's-30's due to many factors (watch reefer madness for example) but I wouldn't blame Big Tobacco per se.

Big Tobacco built up its industry through WW2 more than anything else. Every American and Canadian ration pack had a carton of smokes in it for example. Smokes were cheap, highly abundant and helped calm the nerves of many a stressed out soldier.

Once they got hooked, many never thought to quit because such a large consumer base helped keep prices low and the health risks were never fully communicated until the 1970's onwards.

Old April 11th, 2009   #8
Wanna go Double Dutch?
Multi Award Winner

Status: Supplying you with hot fresh coffee and chocolate cake! :coffee:
Admiral Donutz is Gaming Forumsí finestAdmiral Donutz is Gaming Forumsí finestAdmiral Donutz is Gaming Forumsí finestAdmiral Donutz is Gaming Forumsí finestAdmiral Donutz is Gaming Forumsí finestAdmiral Donutz is Gaming Forumsí finestAdmiral Donutz is Gaming Forumsí finestAdmiral Donutz is Gaming Forumsí finestAdmiral Donutz is Gaming Forumsí finestAdmiral Donutz is Gaming Forumsí finestAdmiral Donutz is Gaming Forumsí finest
Send a message via MSN to Admiral Donutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylie View Post
Ron Paul pisses common sense.

Ron Paul and Barney Frank Introduce Hemp Farming Legislation - HR 1866 | Ron Paul .com

Here is an interesting and enlightening assortment of hemp facts:
1) Hemp is among the oldest industries on the planet, going back more than 10,000 years to the beginnings of pottery. The Columbia History of the World states that the oldest relic of human industry is a bit of hemp fabric dating back to approximately 8,000 BC.
2) Presidents Washington and Jefferson both grew hemp. Americans were legally bound to grow hemp during the Colonial Era and Early Republic. The federal government subsidized hemp during the Second World War and U.S. farmers grew about a million acres of hemp as part of that program.
3) Hemp seed is nutritious and contains more essential fatty acids than any other source, is second only to soybeans in complete protein (but is more digestible by humans), is high in B-vitamins, and is a good source of dietary fiber. Hemp seed is not psychoactive and cannot be used as a drug.
4) The bark of the hemp stalk contains bast fibers, which are among the Earth's longest natural soft fibers and are also rich in cellulose. The cellulose and hemi-cellulose in its inner woody core are called hurds. Hemp stalk is not psychoactive. Hemp fiber is longer, stronger, more absorbent and more insulative than cotton fiber.
5) According to the Department of Energy, hemp as a biomass fuel producer requires the least specialized growing and processing procedures of all hemp products. The hydrocarbons in hemp can be processed into a wide range of biomass energy sources, from fuel pellets to liquid fuels and gas. Development of bio-fuels could significantly reduce our consumption of fossil fuels and nuclear power.
6) Hemp can be grown organically. Only eight, out of about one hundred known pests, cause problems, and hemp is most often grown without herbicides, fungicides or pesticides. Hemp is also a natural weed suppressor due to fast growth of the canopy.
7) Hemp produces more pulp per acre than timber on a sustainable basis, and can be used for every quality of paper. Hemp paper manufacturing can reduce wastewater contamination. Hemp's low lignin content reduces the need for acids used in pulping, and its creamy color lends itself to environmentally-friendly bleaching instead of harsh chlorine compounds. Less bleaching results in less dioxin and fewer chemical by-products.
8) Hemp fiber paper resists decomposition, and does not yellow with age when an acid-free process is used. Hemp paper more than 1,500 years old has been found. Hemp paper can also be recycled more times than wood-based paper.
9) Hemp fiberboard produced by Washington State University was found to be twice as strong as wood-based fiberboard. No additional resins are required due to naturally-occurring lignins.
10) Eco-friendly hemp can replace most toxic petrochemical products. Research is being done to use hemp in manufacturing biodegradable plastic products: plant-based cellophane, recycled plastic mixed with hemp for injection-molded products, and resins made from the oil, to name a very few examples. Over two million cars on the road today have hemp composite parts for door panels, dashboards, luggage racks, etc.
All I can say is I support the legalisation of Hennep products aswell including the use of hennep for smoking. While at it I support the legalisation of any other form of soft drug. There is no reason not to legalize them, not unless you want to ban tabacco and alcohol aswell (which won't happen for various reasons such as lack of suport, it not being practical to enforce etc.) since softdrugs are just as or even less harmfull.

It's only a matter of time before conservative misinformed politicians and lobby groups loose their majority support.
Admiral Donutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2009   #9
Fishing the OT Waters

Stray03 is generally helpfulStray03 is generally helpful

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheikyerbouti View Post
Stray03,

you are full of shit again. It wouldn't be smoked everywhere, at least since it already is in those places anyways. I have been to Montreal enough to know that it's no different there than out here
Yeah like every little shithead 16 year old pothead in his skater shoes wouldn't be smoking in public.... right, full of shit indeed...

Private Joker: How can you shoot women or children?
Door Gunner: Easy! Ya just don't lead 'em so much! Ain't war hell?
Stray03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2009   #10
I spend enough time here

We are talking about legalization and all of the commensurate legalities that would ensue.

For example: Age restriction, So go back to your red herrings man. Like I said , I have been to Montreal enough to know that people are smoking it at all ages, shapes, and sizes and this is with your current enforcement regime.

At least under the stricter control mechanism that legalization would bring, there would be an improved framework for prosecution for breaking any rules. As it is now, your 16 year old friends smoke their pot and nothing happens to them, (Do your conservative views really mesh with that?)