Go Back   GameFront Forums > The Games > The Elder Scrolls Series > ES Problems, Errors and Help

Remember Me?

ES Problems, Errors and Help Game not working? Need Help? Post all your problems here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 24th, 2008   #1
What kind of motto is this?

Status: I could be right behind you with a combat knife, or far away on a rooftop with an AWP sniper rifle.
Assassin634 should make some friends
Default Need help with load order in Oblivion Mod Manager

Wow I just noticed how out of place my Fallout 3 thread looks in this section. Again sorry about that for some stupid reason there's no Fallout forums section and since Fallout 3 and Oblivion are somewhat related I thought I'd put that thread there. And I really needed help with it.

Anyway back on topic. I can't figure out the load order thing in Oblivion Mod Manager. I don't know what kind of mods should go where. I heard that if done right the load order thing will improve your FPS, which I'm having real problems with ever since I activated all my Unique Landscapes mods. I never really kept them on long enough to check them out because it totally screwed my FPS, but now I actually looked at them in game and I'm absolutely in love with the mods now and don't want to turn them off, but now my FPS sucks when in some parts of the UL affected areas. And do I need to put the mods I use here? Because the list is huge. If you know someone here called megadace then you can ask him how big my list is. He's a witness. So yeah could someone tell me what kind of mods should go where in the load order to get my FPS up? If it helps I'll post my mods that I always have on when I play Oblivion. Not in the list of mods I use every time is MMM. The only reason it's not in the list is because it wasn't working right, and I think because it wasn't in the right place in the load order, so please tell me where that should go too.

"Camping" refers to the dastardly act of staying in one place for more then ten consecutive milliseconds. Should you stop for a moment, you will be labeled a "fag", your gaming skill "n00bish", and your weapon a "n00bcannon". Avoid camping at all costs. Thank you for helping us help you help us all.
Assassin634 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2008   #2
Formerly -Sirius-
Clan Member

Keirgo should make some friends
Default Re: Need help with load order in Oblivion Mod Manager

Try Better Oblivion Sorting Software, its a tool that helps you sort load order to minimize conflicts for a whole bunch of mods, it was originally for FCOM, but it also works with other mods.

You can use it in conjunction with Wrye Bash (or OBMM is good too) to really fine tune your load order, though I doubt it will help much with your frames per second and Unique Landscapes, that mod is quite intensive and will really bring down your fps regardless.

Though its still good to have an organized load order for many other reasons, so give it a try and see how it goes.
Keirgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2008   #3

Status: I could be right behind you with a combat knife, or far away on a rooftop with an AWP sniper rifle.

Ok I'm confused with how it works. I extracted the files into my Oblivion data like the readme said, and it doesn't work, and the readme doesn't help. I click on the .exe file and I get and error that says the application configuration is incorrect. I don't know what it means by that because what sort of confirguration is there? And someone said that if your load order is good enough that it would help your FPS, that was main reason why I wanted to get it in a good load order. And by conflicting with mods due to the load order you mean unexplained game crashes? Because I get enough of those. And what other reasons are there to have a good load order? Sorry I know I'm asking a lot of questions about it but it just seems like everyone is obsessed with the load order thing, and I don't get it.

"Camping" refers to the dastardly act of staying in one place for more then ten consecutive milliseconds. Should you stop for a moment, you will be labeled a "fag", your gaming skill "n00bish", and your weapon a "n00bcannon". Avoid camping at all costs. Thank you for helping us help you help us all.
Old December 25th, 2008   #4
Formerly -Sirius-
Clan Member

Keirgo should make some friends

These are the install instructions off of the tesnexus page:

Quote:
Installation:
-------------

1. Backup your load order with ObMM or Wrye Bash. Always backup.

2. If you have Wrye Bash, make sure it has its Lock Times function deactivated.

3. You will need to download and install the Microsoft C++ Runtime Library 2008 re-distributable.

It is a programming library and will only run when a program written in Visual C++ 2008 is run. It will not stay resident afterward or slow your computer down.

Wine users may need to run winetricks to register the libraries properly thankyou, John.Moonsugar

4. Unzip the BOSS.zip archive to your Oblivion/Data folder. No sub-folders.

5. Hit BOSS.bat batch file (the .bat file, not the .exe file).

The output of the utility will be displayed immediately. Read any notes, FCOM install errors if applicable and/or Wrye Bash Bashed Patch suggestions.

Keep in mind all the notes provided by BOSS are always displayed regardless of what they refer to: if mod X is found then all notes for X will always be displayed even if they refer to mod Y that you don't have or care about.

You will need to re-order "unknown" mods by hand with ObMM or Wrye Bash.
Make sure you have MS Visual C++ Runtime 2008 installed first, you need it to run this, and if you read step five, it says to open BOSS.bat and not the .exe

And by conflicting I also mean functions of mods overwriting each other and causing all sorts of glitches with mods, and yes the occasional crash. While a good load order isn't essential, when you do get it organized you minimize the headaches of having to deal with all that.
Keirgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2008   #5

Ok now it actually works, but it didn't recognize about 75% of my mods. How do I organize those now? Doesn't it say something about using Wyre Bash or something to organize those?

Old January 26th, 2009   #6

After I did the load order thing and played Oblivion I noticed that wild animals were attacking me, which they shouldn't be because be because I'm the Divine Crusader and because I finished the "Shadows in a Struggle for Power" quest from OOO, which, at the end, gives you the reward of not being attacked by wild animals. I know you have to have the Boots of the Crusader on in order to not be attacked by wild animals, but you don't need any special item to do this at the end of that quest in OOO. So I'm thinking that after I used OMM to sort the load order it got rid of that reward at the end of the quest somehow. Now the only way I can't be attacked by wild animals is if I but the Boots of the Crusader on, and I really don't want to do that because I used the armor from the Lost Paladins of the Divines mod all the time. Is there any way to fix this and get wild animals to not attack me without the Boots?