Go Back   GameFront Forums > The Games > The Elder Scrolls Series > ES Modding, Mapping and Editing

Remember Me?

ES Modding, Mapping and Editing Want more info about a Mod? Making a Mod? Looking for Modders, Mappers, Skinners, etc.? This is your Spot!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 28th, 2006   #1
Safe Havens Project Leader

Snipefalcon2 has disabled reputation
Default Safe Heven Mod News! (Follows the "Big Mod Project" Thread)

*This thread as mostly been made for the people that are working on the Safe Heven mod. But every one can come in and help us out with your knowled and ideas, are to follow the evolution of the mod's creation.*

Hello People! I'll repost the list of things I would like in the mod here. So if you already read it on the "Big Mod Project" thread, you wont read anything new exept for some adds to the Living Quarter

List:

-Huge Stables: In those, I would like some new horses. Nothing realy incredible, just some silver/grey horses. Figuring the horses of the NPCs in the mod and your own, wich you'll aquirer with a quest. No ideas for the quest so far.

-Library: Figuring all the books of Tamriel, with a special self with all Level Up books, and some new books that'll go with the Safe Heven.

-Vampire Crept: With an altar that, when you pray to it curses you with Vampirism, and an other one tha cures it. Also figuring a Lair in wich you'll find some friends and every thing you'll need or like as a vampire, A Blood Fontain with respawning Blood Botles is the only things I tought of right now... I've alredy started designing its shape.

-Alchemy Room : With the well known Ingredient Storter, static and working alchemy appartus and some other things (Like some huge cristal balls with static things in it as a decoration)

-Exterior Garden : All plants of the provinces, all Oblivion Plants and a new type of plants, wich are named Holly Plants (I would like that :P) I've been working on the desing of the building that will circle it (in wich the'll be 2 open rooms, 1 for the Oblivion Plants and the other for the Holly Plants) and starting to desing the holly plants.

-Hall of the Guilds (No sure if I like this yet...): in wich they'll be 1 representant of each guild with wich you'll be able to do special things (maby only when your the guild's Guild Master) I don't know yet if they'll be something else about this hall, so if you have any ideas, go ahead!

-Archers Training Ground: Incuding a very cool shooting ground (wich I already mostly finish designing) and a trainer that will also sell you special things such as new bows and arrows, new armors and ranger sets, new spells, etc etc. From him, you'll also be starting a quest in wich you'll join a team of rangers and do missions with them (that will start in something like hunting for food for the Safe Heven and the other more important things wich I only have some litle ideas yet...But I realy would like that the ''trophe'' at the end would be a gun, such as the matchlock musket that is in creating process)

-Melee Training Ground: Includinga very cool combat training ground (wich I have no idea how it will look like and how it'll be so cool...lol...But I know you'll find something :P. You know, something different! You know what I mean when I'll show you my ranging and stealth training grounds) and 4 trainer (blade, blunt, hand to hand and armorer) from wich you can buy stuff like new wepons, armors, spells and etc. From them (or one of them...what ever) you'll also start a quest that will make you join (thats were there's a problem...join...a group of fighters? or the Safe Heven's Guards?? or mercenaries???..We'll see...And there'll be a special "trophe" for that to, maby the horse I've talked about...dono..)

Mage Training Ground: Same shit lolol...bored of righting the same thing :P. For this one to I have no idea of how it'll look like, so tell me! The trainer (or trainers...don't know yet...maby one for each scool of magic) will sell new special mage armors, new robe/hood sets (wich one will be called Liquid Steel Robe/Hood), new staffs, new spells, and other new items. The quest he'll start will make you resolve problems for the elders of the Safe Heven and joining there batle mages (At the end you'll be part of the Safe Heven's elder concil, and will a sepcil "trophe" that I haven't thought of yet)

-Stealth Training Ground: Same as others (this one I've started thinking of a desing wich I think will be pretty cool) with a sneak trainer and a security trainer from wich you can buy new wepons, new theving armor or sets, new spells and other new stuff. From tehm you'll also start a quest that will make you join the Safe Heven's spies to do some spying, theving and assassination. (The trophe would probably be an invesibility cloak (sorry harry!) or super speed boots or open all lockpick(if not trophies, all these will be selled by the trainers))

-Display Room: With diplay dummies, diplay cases storage chests and some realy cool new display thingnies (I'll sumbit you a picture and discription of what I'm thinking about, with desing idea of the room's shape) I would like some other cool things...but I cant think of any thing...again, you can tell me!

- Living Quarters: may be including stuff like a Bed Room, Office (Maby to store quest items and including a Bank, with a marcantil and speachcraft trainer) Hot Tubs (in wich you'll need to have no item on, and that will heal you), Kichen (restaurant like? dont know...) and some other things I can't remember and others I've haven't find yet. Maby will include the Display Room, the Library.

Thats all what I can think for now!!! Thank you for reading! And tell me what you think!

http://snipefalcon2.byethost31.com/SMF11/index.php
Snipefalcon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2006   #2
hmm what?
Metal Dragon

penumbra should make some friends
Send a message via AIM to penumbra
Default Re: Safe Heven Mod News! (Follows the "Big Mod Project" Thread)

hum..... some of this im a bit wary of, like buying and selling. you know, if this is a haven for the player, why make them pay money? maybe tomorrow ill go through this stuff more closely and slash off the stuff that is hard to do.

yes.
penumbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2006   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Şënümbra-
you know, if this is a haven for the player, why make them pay money?
Well, I realy want it to be an haven, but I dont want it to be super unbalanced...Its maby a stupid idea, cuz making an haven balanced is pretty senseless...But I dont know...Maby sell those things at ultra low price (remember that the sellers also give quests to do, wich maby could give you some extra money) or maby do like the dark brotherhood, they give those items to you as a bonus. Or maby your right and it would be better if they were free to use...My original idea was to offer items of different level(more good wepon, more money) and that when you finish the quest lines of the trainer, he gives you the biggest thing free. Dont know realy...we need to discus about that. I see whats the problem now that you say it...

Thank you mate, can't wait you tell me what you think of this list!

Old August 28th, 2006   #4
Foxhound Member

Liquid Snake has disabled reputation

Well, you don't want it to be super easy to obtain this stuff in the mod either right...? I mean maybe it's just my way of thinking, but you should be able to earn your keep; makes it more interesting.

Anyway, how's the design itself coming along?
Liquid Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2006   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Snake
Well, you don't want it to be super easy to obtain this stuff in the mod either right...?
yes thats what I think. There is alots of free things that will be found in there, I think its ok if some other things should be earned. Its already pretty lucky to have some new cool wepons and armor, even thought you have to pay for them.

And for the desing, I'm still righting down all my ideas and sketching here and there... I'm sorry if it takes so long and you guys dont have some work to do... But I've got so many things in mind that I can't even come close to a ''Its time to make this" state on any thing...I'll try consentrating on one thing, one not to difficult thing so you guys can start soon.

And realy, I need you guys help for general Ideas and advices! Tell me what you want, dont want, can do and cant. It would realy help me out and move foward a bit!

See ya later guys! And thank you for commentting! dont stop! lolol

Old August 29th, 2006   #6
Homestar Runner! We Love You!
Gem Dragon

BradshawTS has disabled reputation

maybe have the training missions to find gangs who have stolen the items and ambush them to get the items back and make it like its a buissness as well as a home for you. Like you get the musket and all the bowmen do to and all the mages get the liquid steel armour as well and all the guards get the Imperial Palace Guard armour after raiding a bandit smith whos been making imperial palace guard armour and impercinating a guard to steal money from the IC

EDIT: of cource not every mage in the game or every guard or every archer just the once working at your haven and also maybe you cant get the key to the manor house until you have finished the missions "making buisness-part"

I think the journal entrys should be telling you to go talk to the haven's hunters and when your done with that part it says go talk to the haven's mages and then after that part it says go talk to the haven's guards

EDIT 2: I think the liquid steel should be a grey robe and hood that has the same armour level as steel but should still count as unarmoured and it should glow if posible

10% of people are infact not people but a new race called feish, pick nine friends are they feish?? no?? THEN YOU ARE THE FEISH!!!!!

Last edited by BradshawTS; August 29th, 2006 at 01:15 AM.
BradshawTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2006   #7
Your argument is invalid.

Fire Legion is a regular member

About vampirism... wouldn't the ability to become a vampire and be cured of vampirism kinda unbalance vampirism?

Personal opinions are not endorsed by FileFront
Fire Legion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2006   #8

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradshawTS
Like you get the musket and all the bowmen do to and all the mages get the liquid steel armour as well and all the guards get the Imperial Palace Guard armour
I realy like your Idea of the different squads (The Rangers?/Hunter? squad, the guards?/figters?/mercenaries? squad, the Mages squad and the Spies squad) leveling up with you by aquireing the same equiptment as you after missions. I would like that after those mission, you get to be the ''leader'' of those squads and ask them to follow you trougth your adventures (1 squad at the time, maby...dono)

Quote:
maybe you cant get the key to the manor house until you have finished the missions
Yes I also thought you could only have your manor after doing a mission...Maby only after being the leader of all the squads?

Quote:
I think the journal entrys should be telling you to go talk to the haven's hunters and when your done with that part it says go talk to the haven's mages and then after that part it says go talk to the haven's guards
Well for this I was thinking that maby you could actuly join each squad simutaniusly...but realy your idea realy is good! 1st you go hunting with the rangers, then go do waht ever with the mages, the go spy with the spies, and because of that spying, the safe heven is attaqued so you have to defend it with the guards! or maby 1 mission with this one, an other with this other one, and then come bac to the 1st and then to the 3rd and then so on, all mixed toguetter. Wich leads you to be meber of the concil, wich will give you the power to give orders to the squads (such as follow me lol) and give you the manor!!! This would be so damn great! Now lets think of ideas for allllllllllll those missions.

Quote:
I think the liquid steel should be a grey robe and hood that has the same armour level as steel but should still count as unarmoured and it should glow if posible
Yes for this robe I was thinking of a sining liquid metal like texture. I want it to have armor stats, and I want it to have the power to reflect attaques. So its like a shiny metal mirror. Maby the stats of the steel set would be ok...dont know.

Thank you mate for these super ideas

Edit: I've got a bether Idea Idea for the mission thing! 1st, you go hunting with the ranger to gatter some food, then, out of no were, the safe haven is attaqued! So you join the guards to defend it. After that the concils is like "Whot the fuck is dering to attaque us all mighty elders??????" and so they sand you and the spies to get the information you need! So then you find out who the bad guys are, and the elders send you and the batle mages to kick there ass! But the damn thing doesnt stop them and the attaque again! so you defend again with the guards. Then the elders find some info and they tell you to go out with the spies and take out there leader! But for that, you have to create a diversion! So they 1st send you with the rangers to some of the enemies camp, and when the combat starts, you let them kill thos bastards and you go with the spies team take there big boss out! And thats when you get to be member of the Safe Haven's Elder Concil, get to comand the squads and get the damn manor! *my hand hurts...*

Wow!!! you get a cookie if you read this all!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Legion
About vampirism... wouldn't the ability to become a vampire and be cured of vampirism kinda unbalance vampirism?
well, I dont know...what do you meen? I thought it would be great to be able to change easely, cuz personaly, it pissed my of to turn into a vampire in the midle of no were and then have to hide from the sun untill I get the damn gems, the damn garlic and the damn night sades....Also It would be nice to be able to says like "hey, I would like to be a vampire". And vampires need some cool things I think...Wich give me the Idea of some cloak that would have resist sun thingy on it...

Explain me plz what you meen by unbalancing vampirism!?

Hey guys!

I was thinking..wouldn't it be cool that befor going on a a mission for the 1st time with one of the 4 squads, you have to pass some training? I thought of some cool things for the ranger training (the training ground is already desinged) wich would be like "shoot all these things in(lets say...)30 secs" and then, "shoot that thing all over at the other end of the world in 1 shot" (that would be cool ). And for the spy you'll have a dark room(or cave) with some obstacles to hide behind, and some spot lights from the ceeling, and you have to go all the wai at the end of the room withouth being spoted, and the secon one would be that you have to hit a guy withouth him seeing you approching (with a wooden dagger, that wouldn't wound him at all) And for the fighters trainings I dont know, nether for the mages.

What you people think? Like "OMg there is no food!!! Go with our rangers hunt some deers! But wait! Your a (*&*%$? noob!!!! Get the hell back here and show me what you got!!!'' and then "What the hell! I see crazy mobbs coming a mile from here!!! Take a wepon and go help our guards! HUH? TAKE IT BY THE OTHER SIDE YOU NOOB!!! BRING YOUR ASS HERE!!!" and then something like "OMG I was going to send you get some info for me, but you walk so laudly I can't figure out you even got a damn deer with the rangers! Go down there in the stealth training room, and dont come up here witout me not even noticing!!!" and after something like "Its fraking could in here dont ya think? Blow a fire ball in the fire place wille I make some tea...WHAT DA YA MEEN YOU DONT KNOW HOW TO DO A FIRE BALLZ???????"

Something like that would be nice Dont you guys think?

Posts merged, please use the Edit button. First warning.
-Ghost-

Last edited by -Ghost-; August 29th, 2006 at 07:22 AM. Reason: Woah, posts merged
Old August 29th, 2006   #9

Hey guys! I wanted to had some details to the "list" I've done:

-In the Hot Tub room, the healing power that it as will come from a spell (Not for real, it's just the story) that 2 twin Restauration Trainer (that part is real, there will be 2 twin Restauration trainers) casted. They will sell you new spell from there shool of magic.

-The spies are going to be a groupe of Argonian Shadowscale from the Black Marsh. I wanted them to be from the Dark Brotherhood, but that would of make some potential dangerous foes in our ranks.

-In the Alchemy Labratory, there'll be a Alchemy tainer. I'm actuly thinking of were to place this Alchemy Labratory. I think I'll place it in the tower (just wait so litle time until I submit the sketches to see what I meen) and the garden just next to the tower. Also I think it would be cool if there was a Gardener that could go, at your demand, gther the ingredients you need. like you ask him "I want 3 night shade leafs please" And he says, depending of the number of different type of plant you ask for, the time you'll have to wait for it, you says "ok" and he goes down and stays gardening down there for the time he said. You could also take them on your own, but its gona be difficult, cuz there'll be all the plants of the province down there. Or you could that the ones you previously stored in the ingredients storter.

-The bank in the office would act like follows: You give money to the mercantil trainer via a chest. He takes care of it, making the money grow. More you put money in the chest, more money it will make.

-On the Melee Training ground, there'll also be a Blocking Trainer. The Blade trainer will sell you blades, the blunt one blunts, the heavy armor trainer heavy armors, the light armor one light armors (those two will take the place of the armoror, that will go in the forge, next to the stables), the hand to hand trainer will sell you hand bands and special gautlets and the blocking trainer shields. Some of them will also be able of selling you some cool new spells.

-On the mage training ground, there'll be a destuction trainer, an ilusionist, a Conjurer, an Alteration trainer and a Mystisism trainer. All of them selling you new spells from there own shool school, and some ore one of them, dont know yet, armors, sets, staffs and other items such as rings. Maby all of them, I think.

-There will also be Barracks, in wich all the squad members and you when you'll be part of them will sleep and rest. There'll also be a gim, in wich there'll be punching bag and maby other stuff I didint think of yet, and acrobatic and athletic trainers. The stables and Forge will be attached to the barraks. I think the barrac should work like a in, Like there is going to be a raustaurant/cafeteria with a "in" keeper behind a "bar" from who you take some food (like maby a portion max, that would be cool) freely(only when you have started the missions). And then, there would be some stairs and up stairs there'll be all those guys rooms. To have one, you'll have to ask a key to a guy dehind a "bar" on top of the stairs. The room is also free (you have to have started the missions thought), and in it there will by a chest in wich your stored things wont ever dissapear.

-In the Library, would be cool it there'll be a Librarian from wich you can rent books for some time, and buy them if you want.

EDIT: -would be cool if, when your a vampire, you can do a quest with the other vampire in the vampire lair. Dont have any idea of what quest thought.

So thats what I can remember for now...

Now I need ideas on how we'll organise the concil memebers. How many they'll be? who they'll be? Were would they meet? Were would they live? Ho!!! how about you sharing the manor with them?? That could be pretty cool, and that way it would be more normal to have all that stuff there is in the manor. Would be astonishing if they all had there own display room, each one there own chest at the office/bank! What you people think?

This would make it obligatory to have a kichen/dining hall in the manor, for the concil members to eat.

Last edited by Snipefalcon2; August 29th, 2006 at 09:13 AM.
Old August 29th, 2006   #10

Hey guys, I was thinking about this...wondering if it could be possible to create a camera. Like you equipe it as a spell, you use it and it "saves" whats on your screen (exept the bars and icons on it). And then, in the display room(s), there would be some blank canvas in some frames on the wall or on some easels on wich you could "upload" any image you took, that you can see in a menu. Would that be a possible to make mod? I heard that you could almost do anything with scripting, but is this in the "almost anything" type?