Go Back   GameFront Forums > The Games > The Elder Scrolls Series > The Elder Scrolls General Discussion

Remember Me?

The Elder Scrolls General Discussion Discussion for The Elder Scrolls Chapter I - IV games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 15th, 2008   #1
I pretend I'm cooler than AzH

gravy666 has been there and done thatgravy666 has been there and done thatgravy666 has been there and done thatgravy666 has been there and done thatgravy666 has been there and done thatgravy666 has been there and done thatgravy666 has been there and done that
Default need help avoiding guards

Ok, you may have remembered a thread from a while ago that I made about the highest bounty you have ever gotten. Well, even though I haven't played a lot, I'm now at 50,000 gold (at the least, I might have passed 100,000). I can barely look at a city without a guard trying to kill me. I plan on building up power to have more magic powers, like invisibility and Open Hard Lock. But there's a problem: wherever I go to practice/get money, all hell breaks loose, and I get overwhelmed by the guards. The last time I tried running away, I spent about 40 minutes running from about 4 trolls. I need a place to get more powerful or something, without busting my ass in the process.

I am trying to beat the main story line, and I'm stuck at Azura's shrine. I need to get one of those will-o-wisp things for an offering, but I don't know how... please tell me. Telling me that is more important than some sort of super secret training temple place thing, if one exists.
gravy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2008   #2
Born yesterday but up all nite

glory77 is a n00b
Default Re: need help avoiding guards

There's a path that leads down from the shrine, walk down it and look around. You'll see a will-o-wisp or one will see you. Kill it and take the glow dust back to the shrine. As for your bounty and the guards, I wish you good luck.

"Great achievement always takes a toll among those with the courage to make the journey"
glory77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2008   #3
Thus, I refute thee.

Dave-Mastor should make some friends
Send a message via MSN to Dave-Mastor

Good luck with trying to complete the main quest with a bounty; the are more than a few parts where you have to work with guards. My advice, find a way to remove the bounty, because you're never going to get a moment's rest with one.

Personal Opinions are not Endorsed by Filefront
Dave-Mastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2008   #4

gravy666 has been there and done thatgravy666 has been there and done thatgravy666 has been there and done thatgravy666 has been there and done thatgravy666 has been there and done thatgravy666 has been there and done thatgravy666 has been there and done that

You see, the only way I can do that is to either get strong enough to use Open Hard Lock or have really good lockpicking skills and stuff, and sneak out of jail, and hopefully I won't get caught (tell me if this wouldn't remove the bounty). Or I could just get arrested, then I'd be in there for so long, all of those hours of playing would be worthless.
Is there a way to get a lot of money really fast without cheats, like a glitch? Because I have the Xbox 360 version of the game. I can't just open up a console and give myself a lot of gold.
Old February 15th, 2008   #5
Melancholic.

StarWarsGeek should make some friends

I get all my money from alchemly, it was my first skill i got to a hundred, and I wasn't really paying attention to it. It makes me a lot of money. Just collect ingredients and make whatever with them then sell it! But keep all the element poisons and health potions, those come in handy a lot.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
Quote Ryette: Most overrated show ever, except for maybe Elfen Lied.
I mean, it's cute 'n all, but there's really no... point to it.
Quote S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: There is a point. Stop Haruhi from changing the world, and dance while doing it.
StarWarsGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2008   #6
Thus, I refute thee.

I once duplicated expensive items and sold them... you can find the glitches on GameFaqs.com, or similar sites.

If you attempt to escape from jail, you're bounty won't be removed... in fact, it increases. Even if you're undetected, once you get a certain distance from your cell the game will say something like: "Breaking out of Jail has increased your bounty"

Old February 15th, 2008   #7
Awesome Possum

Tarvos has a sound reputationTarvos has a sound reputationTarvos has a sound reputationTarvos has a sound reputationTarvos has a sound reputation

In the storyline quest, do Sheogorath's shrine, not Azura's. It's not worth giving up Azura's Star when you can just give up the Wabbajack.
Tarvos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2008   #8

Ok, one last question: If you kill too many civilians, do they eventually come back to life? Bruma already has a population of zero, not counting the people that don't die plus the guards.
Old February 19th, 2008   #9
Thus, I refute thee.

No they don't. They're gone forever... your save is screwed. I would suggest starting a new one.

Old February 20th, 2008   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-Mastor View Post
No they don't. They're gone forever... your save is screwed. I would suggest starting a new one.
Ah well. I'm already so far into the game, I don't feel like restarting/going back several hours of gameplay. I have A LOT of saves, so I wouldn't need to restart from the beginning. I'm just gonna do whatever I still can and get some Achievements until I'm screwed over by guards.

"If you're gonna fail, you might as well do it epically."