Go Back   GameFront Forums > The Games > The Elder Scrolls Series > The Elder Scrolls General Discussion

Remember Me?

The Elder Scrolls General Discussion Discussion for The Elder Scrolls Chapter I - IV games.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 2nd, 2006   #1
I tawt I taw a puddy tat...

Oblivious is known by everybodyOblivious is known by everybodyOblivious is known by everybodyOblivious is known by everybodyOblivious is known by everybodyOblivious is known by everybody
Default Best Merchants in Oblivion

So, where are the merchants with the deepest pockets? Specifically, I'm looking for the ones buying armor and weapons and that have the most gold available. I hate selling an $8000 item for $1200 because that's the max gold they have to give. I have a chest filling up with high dollar items that I won't sell until I can figure out who the best merchant to sell to is.

Are there any hidden super merchants like the Creeper from Morrowind?

Intel E8400 @4.3GHz - EVGA GTX260/216 - 4GB G-Skill 1066 - Gigabyte EP45 UD3R - X-Fi Fatal1ty
Seagate 1.5TB - WD Caviar Black 1TB - OCZ Powerstream 600w - NZXT Lexa - Asus 24" 1920x1080
LAPTOP: Dell Latitude D820 - Intel T2400 1.83GHz - 2GB - Go 7400 256mb - WD Scorpio 250GB - 1280x800
Old April 2nd, 2006   #2
Finish the fight in 2007

Nick1989 should make some friends
Default Re: Best Merchants in Oblivion

Sorry dude but 1200 is the most Gold anyone has. No Creepers or anything either. But, if you are an expert in Mercantile you can invest money into stores, and the money you invest will add to the store owner's money and they will have more.

Also, if you'd like to do this, just a siggestion, though. There is a guy in the Talos Plaza district of the Imperial City. Go to Dorian's House in the city. Talk to Dorian, after that kill him. You wont get a bounty. After take all his items, taking the gold last. He has 180 Gold. Click on it and it will go down to 129 Gold. It will stop there and lock, maybe a glitch. Keep clcking and your gold count will skyrocket.
Old April 2nd, 2006   #3
Notable Loser

Commissar MercZ knows no limitCommissar MercZ knows no limitCommissar MercZ knows no limitCommissar MercZ knows no limitCommissar MercZ knows no limitCommissar MercZ knows no limitCommissar MercZ knows no limitCommissar MercZ knows no limitCommissar MercZ knows no limitCommissar MercZ knows no limitCommissar MercZ knows no limit
Send a message via MSN to Commissar MercZ Send a message via Yahoo to Commissar MercZ

If you have a computer, you should download the merchant mod at elderscrollsfiles.com. It gives you a merchant with 15k gold.
Old April 2nd, 2006   #4

Oblivious is known by everybodyOblivious is known by everybodyOblivious is known by everybodyOblivious is known by everybodyOblivious is known by everybodyOblivious is known by everybody

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDICommando
If you have a computer, you should download the merchant mod at elderscrollsfiles.com. It gives you a merchant with 15k gold.
Interesting. I am playing it on the pc, so I'll check that one out now.

Thanks for the info everyone!

Intel E8400 @4.3GHz - EVGA GTX260/216 - 4GB G-Skill 1066 - Gigabyte EP45 UD3R - X-Fi Fatal1ty
Seagate 1.5TB - WD Caviar Black 1TB - OCZ Powerstream 600w - NZXT Lexa - Asus 24" 1920x1080
LAPTOP: Dell Latitude D820 - Intel T2400 1.83GHz - 2GB - Go 7400 256mb - WD Scorpio 250GB - 1280x800
Old April 2nd, 2006   #5
They look like us now...

SavageJedi has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to SavageJedi

Fathis Ules of the Thieves Guild has 1500 gp... 2000 if you are a master of Mercantile

Old April 2nd, 2006   #6
I'm addicted to video games.

veteran_gamer has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to veteran_gamer Send a message via AIM to veteran_gamer Send a message via MSN to veteran_gamer Send a message via Yahoo to veteran_gamer

there is also an 'xtreme' merchant mod, he sells all the major ebony/daedric armors and weapons. however, he has 6500k and buys absolutely everything, also haggles at a decent price with low mercantile
Old April 3rd, 2006   #7
Dig for victory!

wiggleworm is a n00b

I think I shall try to find that one with the 15k gold. I have a lot of Daedric armour and stuff which is just rotting in my house because I don't want to sell if for much less than it's worth.

I am 38% addicted to Counterstrike. What about you?
I consider this a delicasy...
Old April 3rd, 2006   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiggleworm
I think I shall try to find that one with the 15k gold. I have a lot of Daedric armour and stuff which is just rotting in my house because I don't want to sell if for much less than it's worth.
I couldn't find the 15k merchant mod, but I did find the Xtreme Merchant mod, and he has 65k in gold. Plus, he recharges enchanted weapons. It's a nice and easy one stop shop (right at the Arena entrance).

My only issues with him are the possible un-balancing of the game due to his being a master blade trainer, as well as him having full sets of high end armor and weapons from the very beginning. Granted, they are quite expensive and some of the armor and weapons are rather heavy, making them useless to low level characters.

link: XTS Merchant Mod

btw - speaking of mini-mods, I really like the improved user interface mod that enlarges the map & inventory screens, as well as reducing the icon size so that more items show up at once.

link: Improved UI mod

Old April 3rd, 2006   #9
Dig for victory!

wiggleworm is a n00b

Thanks for the links to both of them. I tried a certain merchant mod and he didn't appear. Also I looked at using a UI mod called BTmod or something, but the install was quite confusing. So thanks very much .

*Edit*
Does it remove the markers telling you where to go?

I am 38% addicted to Counterstrike. What about you?
I consider this a delicasy...
Old April 3rd, 2006   #10
I'm addicted to video games.

veteran_gamer has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to veteran_gamer Send a message via AIM to veteran_gamer Send a message via MSN to veteran_gamer Send a message via Yahoo to veteran_gamer

yeah, the gameplay can be affected if you use him to train or buy some of his high end stuff. but if you only recharge and sell stuff its not bad at all. besides training can be super costly, id rather hack some baddies than pay over 4k for 5 levels.

if you like those mods, you might want to check out the WCGL wilderness creatures 1.0 mod. it doesnt change gameplay except for outdoor exploration mainly and the number of spawned enemies you encounter. instead of one wolf appearing, 3 might, maybe 5 or more. its also interesting to see enemies fight eachother. i saw around 6 or 7 wolf jumping a daedroth on my way into a oblivion gate, pretty cool.
Closed Thread