Go Back   GameFront Forums > The Games > The Elder Scrolls Series > The Elder Scrolls General Discussion

Remember Me?

The Elder Scrolls General Discussion Discussion for The Elder Scrolls Chapter I - IV games.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 18th, 2006   #1
LOTRO Junkie.

-=[Ranek]=- is the life of the party-=[Ranek]=- is the life of the party-=[Ranek]=- is the life of the party
Send a message via MSN to -=[Ranek]=-
Default Re: Where would you like to live?

I have heard that a gaurd has to see it or if a Civ sees it he will run of and tell a guard but thats what I heard but that was annoying in Morrowind you kill a NPC and no matter where you are it comes up with it any way you and me are going to be the same in some respects and different in others we both will be living of the land and get gold by doing NPC quests and trading stuff but I will not be protecting travelers I will be killing them!!!

wouldn't oblivion be so cool if you had Online play!

-=[Ranek]=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2006   #2
Finish the fight in 2007

Nick1989 should make some friends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locomotor
You can always create your own too.

I'm gonna live off the land, at first. I'll just wander around looking for random NPC quests, out in the wilderness. I'll hunt and trade furs. I'll help out and protect the local travelers as well. Then I'll lay back, under the stars, and toss back a few Sajummas.

A quick question BTW. If you commit a crime, will it always be reported, like in Morrowind? I really hated attacking an NPC who was standing alone in the middle of a forest and seeing "Your crime has been reported". Anyone know how this is gonna work?
Like MynaMeisAw said the gaurds have to actually see the crime commited, or a civilian will. BUT, if you kill someone and leave a dead body on the ground the gaurds will examine it and get very suspicious. Also, now you can "dispose" of bodies like in Morrowind. To get rid of a body you actually have to hide it somewhere...
Nick1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2006   #3
LOTRO Junkie.

-=[Ranek]=- is the life of the party-=[Ranek]=- is the life of the party-=[Ranek]=- is the life of the party
Send a message via MSN to -=[Ranek]=-

woah its a lot better than I thought, I had just heard that gaurds had to see the murder

-=[Ranek]=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2006   #4
Phantom of the Forums

-Ghost- is known by everybody-Ghost- is known by everybody-Ghost- is known by everybody-Ghost- is known by everybody-Ghost- is known by everybody-Ghost- is known by everybody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick1989
Like MynaMeisAw said the gaurds have to actually see the crime commited, or a civilian will. BUT, if you kill someone and leave a dead body on the ground the gaurds will examine it and get very suspicious. Also, now you can "dispose" of bodies like in Morrowind. To get rid of a body you actually have to hide it somewhere...
Can or can't dispose of bodies? And they'll actually react to the enviroment, so if they see a dead body in an alleyway they'll start asking questions and detaining people?

|My Gallery|"A true knight is fuller of bravery in the midst, than in the beginning of danger."|My Showcase|Johari|
-Ghost- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2006   #5
Finish the fight in 2007

Can't, sorry bout that
Old March 19th, 2006   #6
Dig for victory!

wiggleworm is a n00b

Gives it sort of a Thief/Hitman edge, having to hide bodies so as not to attract attention to yourself. I like it, that was one of the things I found stupid in Morrowind, how you could just click dispose of body and it would vanish into thin air lol.

I am 38% addicted to Counterstrike. What about you?
I consider this a delicasy...
wiggleworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2006   #7
Finish the fight in 2007

Yep. Hitman was a fun game too! But dragging bodies also depends a lot on strength. The stronger the are the faster you can drag them. Because remember bodies are heavy. Also I found out from Bethesda. NO ONE CHARACTER IN THE GAME LOOKS THE SAME AS ANOTHER. So basically every character in the game looks different. So you wont see someone that looks exactly like someone else.

Bethesda said what they did, if I'm correct they used the face gen for every NPC in the game. So no one looks alike unless they have a identical twin
Old March 19th, 2006   #8
Adeptus Moderatus
We purge with chain and bolter

Sovereign002 is as cool as a ModeratorSovereign002 is as cool as a ModeratorSovereign002 is as cool as a ModeratorSovereign002 is as cool as a ModeratorSovereign002 is as cool as a ModeratorSovereign002 is as cool as a ModeratorSovereign002 is as cool as a ModeratorSovereign002 is as cool as a ModeratorSovereign002 is as cool as a ModeratorSovereign002 is as cool as a ModeratorSovereign002 is as cool as a Moderator
Send a message via MSN to Sovereign002 Send a message via Skype™ to Sovereign002

In morrowind when you wanted to kill someone, but you didn't want the guards to come after you you could just keep on hitting the 'taunt' button untill the guy got sick of it and attacked you. A pretty safe way of killing someone.
Will this still be able in Oblivion?
Sovereign002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2006   #9
in spite of erosion

Locomotor is known by everybodyLocomotor is known by everybodyLocomotor is known by everybodyLocomotor is known by everybodyLocomotor is known by everybodyLocomotor is known by everybody

Quote:
Originally posted by Nick1989
That's awesome. Thanks.
Locomotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2006   #10
Finish the fight in 2007

Yeah. But one of the coolest things still is what I just told you guys about the NPCs. I read about it yesterday. If I am correct this is the first game where every NPC looks different from another?