Go Back   GameFront Forums > The Games > Doom 3 > Doom 1 and Doom 2 General Discussion

Remember Me?

Doom 1 and Doom 2 General Discussion Discuss anything related to the first Doom games here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 14th, 2005   #1
Evil Raptor

Cyber-Raptor should make some friends
Default jDoom

http://www.doomsdayhq.com/jdoom.php

This port for Doom completely overhauls the graphics using the "Doomsday" engine. You can also download plugins for it to make the monsters and everything fully 3d. The only file you need to run the game are the main IWADs. It's really great. Every Doom fan should give it a try.
Cyber-Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2005   #2
Phantom of the Forums

-Ghost- is known by everybody-Ghost- is known by everybody-Ghost- is known by everybody-Ghost- is known by everybody-Ghost- is known by everybody-Ghost- is known by everybody
Default Re: jDoom

Yes, I've been using this for quite awhile now. I gave the link in these forums, I think it's stickied. I think you can use this mod with just the shareware version as well.

|My Gallery|"A true knight is fuller of bravery in the midst, than in the beginning of danger."|My Showcase|Johari|
-Ghost- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2005   #3
A bowl of special KillBob

KillBob is a n00b

it's alright, although I think it just took the classic gameplay and old niggles and shat on it....leaving a pathetic attempt to justify a decade-old game.

IMO it's fine how it is...although the 3d music effect was a nice improvement.

KillBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2005   #4
Phantom of the Forums

-Ghost- is known by everybody-Ghost- is known by everybody-Ghost- is known by everybody-Ghost- is known by everybody-Ghost- is known by everybody-Ghost- is known by everybody

Well, they're improving quite rapidly now, they've announced that they are moving up to Md3 models, which is about MOH quality models? Not sure.

|My Gallery|"A true knight is fuller of bravery in the midst, than in the beginning of danger."|My Showcase|Johari|
Old May 30th, 2005   #5
I'm the party pooper.

Party_Pooper is a n00b

Personally, I think Doom is just fine the way it is. No need for any bullshit graphics upgrade. It just ruins the game for me, really.
Party_Pooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2005   #6
AppleCrypt Mods

striderdm1 is a n00b

well, i think doomsday is great and i love the various expansions that are out. The Environment pack and texture packs are superb. I don't really care for the models though, i just don't think doom1/2 is suited this way. imho.
So now my Doom is better textured and i've added in my fave sfx from the console versions of Doom (sorry, but i loved these from the N64 + PSX more so than ID's originals). Now i'm playing the perfect doom games.
I do agree with you guys though, sometimes ppl change things too much and then it's spoils it. For me, this is the 3D models..

AppleCrypt Mods
http://applecryptmods.co.uk
striderdm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2005   #7
Evil Raptor

Cyber-Raptor should make some friends

Yeah but it adds some nice blood effects and visible model damage.
Cyber-Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2005   #8
Phantom of the Forums

Like I said before, don't worry about the way the models look right now. They're slowly getting replaced with much better looking models. If anyone has seen the new Imp, they'll know what I'm talking about.

Old June 19th, 2005   #9
AppleCrypt Mods

striderdm1 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ghost-
Like I said before, don't worry about the way the models look right now. They're slowly getting replaced with much better looking models. If anyone has seen the new Imp, they'll know what I'm talking about.
you have any links of screen shots of these new imps? cheers

AppleCrypt Mods
http://applecryptmods.co.uk
striderdm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2005   #10
Phantom of the Forums

Certainly! Unfortunetly, I can't seem to find the site with the JDRP Alpha Screenies...

Here are just a few WiP things for the next version of JDRP/Doomsday Engine:

The imp skin has improved since then, but since I can't find the site yet, this'll have to do.

NOTE: These are ALL WiP, so this isn't in any way the final "product" so to speak.

Just good models don't make the game, so they are a lot of "Jpacks" that are being made to go with the JDRp, among them the JUDI (HUD/Menus etc), JDAP (Sort of Unnoficial, adds some ambience), JDEP (Enviroment Pack, what adds most lighting/fog, etc.)
Attached Thumbnails
jDoom-jdrp-impse.jpg   jDoom-hudrocket.jpg   jDoom-skulls.jpg  

Last edited by -Ghost-; June 19th, 2005 at 02:51 AM.