Go Back   GameFront Forums > The Games > Company of Heroes > Company of Heroes General Discussion

Remember Me?

Company of Heroes General Discussion Discuss anything related to Company of Heroes here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 13th, 2007   #1
GF Pwns Me!

eigs has disabled reputation
Default Peters Principle

You know the principle - everyone is promoted until they reach their level of incompetence. I am JuliaE , eigs is my Dad who is so so at the game but is a programmer and does not have time to practice much (just to let you know who actually writes all my posts). Now I played with GenMike the other day and he said I was not ready for this level of competition (he may well be right) but it is hardly my fault I am level 6 so I play with whatever the computer throws at me. Anyway how does one react to this - do I practice more, play anyway, stop playing ranked games, watch more top replays, I don't know - very open to some genuine suggestions.
eigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2007   #2
GF Pwns Me!

Sn1p3r20Xp is a n00b

well depends on how much you need to improve. Like, if you don't know most of the hotkeys need to practice more until you do, and if you still don't know how to handle certain situations, watch top replays of all kinds and see what they do in those situations.

Also, downloading replays that pertain to your strategy/ style of play is a good way of improving because you can just add on to what you can do.

As for level 6 play, it's in the middle, you should know most of the game mechanics and counters, but you probably don't know exactly what to do in a certain situation correct?
Sn1p3r20Xp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2007   #3
GF Pwns Me!

eigs has disabled reputation

Your last point is about it - BTW watched a replay of yours the other day (Angloville 24 June) - really impressed with how you handled MG's, that's going to help since it's a real sticking point for me. I love replays but probably watch too much Nystrom etc and they play a different game so it helps but not against the sort of opponents I am up against. I actually learned far more from you.
eigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2007   #4
GF Pwns Me!

Sn1p3r20Xp is a n00b

who was it against? I remember the people not the date .
Sn1p3r20Xp is offline   Reply With Quote