Go Back   GameFront Forums > The Games > Company of Heroes > Company of Heroes General Discussion

Remember Me?

Company of Heroes General Discussion Discuss anything related to Company of Heroes here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 24th, 2006   #1
I'm Bill Pardy...

VOP2288 should make some friends
Default What's Next?

Now that we've all had the chance to finish and play the hell out of the game, what next? Something tells me there must be an expansion in the near future, I seriously thought at the end of the American campaign you could then play through as the Germans...but nope.

Also the fact that in the campaign menu there's that scroll down option for the actual campaign (where it says "Invasion of Normandy") so they must be preparing for more installments to the game.

I'd like to see the developer do something with other countries, this franchise could be the Call of Duty for RTS. It'd be interesting to play as the British in North Africa against the Desert Fox, or as the Germans during Operation Barbarossa, or even like the US Army during the invasion of Italy...something along those lines...THERE'S SO MUCH POTENTIAL IN THIS GAME!

What direction do you guys think this franchise should go?
VOP2288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2006   #2
I don't spend enough time here

snafu7 has disabled reputation
Default Re: What's Next?

I'm guessing that they're going to finish up the war in europe, which is what I hope they do, but the campaign in Africa would be pretty fun too.
snafu7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2006   #3
I'm back

tharulerme is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to tharulerme

I think that IF there comes an expansion, which Relic and THQ once hinted to us, then I'm sure that they will AT LEAST put the british in.

Maybe as well the Italian's, and also the ability to play as all in single player.

And to finish it, they should add some units that would be good for the gameplay to the Germans and American's.

However I got to say, this already is pretty fair and we still have to await for mod tools, so my guess is that we will be busy for a long time.
tharulerme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2006   #4

tinhead50 has disabled reputation

Im thinking there won't be an expansion for awhile, instead patches, and after abut 3 patches, they will add a new campain. since there is a scroll down menu where invansion of normandy is, it makes me guess they will add more campains. free of charge lol.
tinhead50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2006   #5
I'm back

tharulerme is a n00b

I hope there ever will come one

By the way, my Signature set is finally done.

You can copy the Dutch Flag and the most under one. But of course not the Site Admin sig .

Tharulerme returns
Old September 26th, 2006   #6
I'm back

tharulerme is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by VOP2288
Also the fact that in the campaign menu there's that scroll down option for the actual campaign (where it says "Invasion of Normandy") so they must be preparing for more installments to the game.
Anyway yeah, you got a big point there.

I always wondered myself if that was just something from the demo, but if the full game still haves it it seems very much like a TOO obvious hint for an expansion.

Who will know, but I still go for the british .

Quote:
this franchise could be the Call of Duty for RTS.
Nah, Call Of Duty isn't populair anymore after Activision's anti PC community war, so comparing CoH to CoD is like insulting CoH.

I would prefer to call it the Oblivion from the RTS, since The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion wasn't just the first game with the new graphics (and CoH is the first RTS with new graphics that way) it also is one of the best games, it is a concurrent for game of the year for CoH.

Tharulerme returns
Old September 27th, 2006   #7
I'm too cool to Post

Ahmrikhan has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinhead50
Im thinking there won't be an expansion for awhile, instead patches, and after abut 3 patches, they will add a new campain. since there is a scroll down menu where invansion of normandy is, it makes me guess they will add more campains. free of charge lol.
No, that's there for when the Mod Tools come out. People can therefore create their own campaigns. I've dealt with Relic before, I know how they run things (I used to play Dawn of War a lot). It takes Relic a few to release the Mod Tools, but it will be soon.
Ahmrikhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2006   #8
I'm Bill Pardy...

VOP2288 should make some friends

You know what would be interesting? If instead of making people wait a large given amount of time for another full go, if they released over the internet (in forms of patches or whatever) a series of either parts of campaigns or full campaigns for the original game. Say, the push out of Normandy through eastern France, into Belgium, etc etc...break that up into maybe 5 levels each and have a set price you pay online to download...and put maybe...a few months between each release. That'd be something I would pay for
VOP2288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2006   #9
I'm too cool to Post

Ahmrikhan has disabled reputation

Quote:
You know what would be interesting? If instead of making people wait a large given amount of time for another full go, if they released over the internet (in forms of patches or whatever) a series of either parts of campaigns or full campaigns for the original game. Say, the push out of Normandy through eastern France, into Belgium, etc etc...break that up into maybe 5 levels each and have a set price you pay online to download...and put maybe...a few months between each release. That'd be something I would pay for
Blizzard did something simular to this with Warcraft III. They made a campaign for the Orcs (a playable race in Warcraft) that you only got to play every patch. Each patch would release a new level for that campaign. So every patch (or every other patch) will have a fresh new campaign level to explore.
Ahmrikhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2006   #10

smokeythebear has disabled reputation

I really want russians, and a eastern front campaign playing as the Germans. Just imagine winter maps, russian 10 man conscript squads, KV2's... that would be a damn good explansion pack. In terms of general gameplay I hope they expand urban fighting a bit more, like having biuldings big enough to move inf around in.
smokeythebear is offline   Reply With Quote