Go Back   GameFront Forums > The Games > Company of Heroes > CoH Modding, Mapping and Editing

Remember Me?

CoH Modding, Mapping and Editing Want more info about a Mod? Making a Mod? Looking for Modders, Mappers, Skinners, etc.? This is your Spot!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 27th, 2008   #1
comrade

badhaggis is a n00b
Lightbulb mother russia mod

hey just wondering if anyone would be interested in doing a mod focusing on the eastern front, wih two armys the red army and the germen eastern army, im no great modder myself but im sure i can pick things up, but i am very interested in ww2 histery espealy on the eatern front. it'll need a team leader modder skiners and a cople of people do do stats. i can do the history side of the mod, this is a realism mod not uber unbeatable red armys
badhaggis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2008   #2
Addicted to GF

Lt_Apollo is a n00b
Default Re: mother russia mod

already in production lol.

Lt_Apollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2008   #3
comrade

badhaggis is a n00b

anyway this is how i invison the red army

1. consripts= armed with pistols, large squad size cannon fodder
2. Political commissar = pistol, with out him if conscipts get pinned or suppered and they are closer to the german hq than the russian hq they surrenderwith him he shoots one of the and they keep fighting. simalar to Brittish officars.

3. Rifles troops, armed with Mosin-Nagant rifles can be upgraded to semi auto svt 40s.
4. Soviet sapper troops can dig treaches and build arty, soviet defences were'nt great mostly combos of trenchs and mg posts and mines.

5. Russian Airborne Troops, better equiped with PPSh-41 submachine guns.
6. flag bearers: carry flags unarmed can get soviet troops out of being pinned and supressed .

the modd will work with the of expansion pack.
Old July 27th, 2008   #4
comrade

badhaggis is a n00b

damn
Old July 27th, 2008   #5
comrade

badhaggis is a n00b

well i'll just do my own one then ,
Old July 28th, 2008   #6
SS Sturmregiment Wotan

Lethal Dosage is a n00b

there already is a russian mod, the Eastern Front mod, as well as there's been a lot of speculation that the next expansion pack will be Eastern Front as well.

You know if i had $1 dollar for everytime someone asked about starting an eastern front mod, i'd be rich. There's no real point, especially since leaning to code is one hell of a learning curve, and throwing modeling, skinning, animating, scripting and getting them ingame is damn impossible for the novice. It's easy to dream, and to think up ways to do docrines and the armies, but coding them is very complex and time consuming, and you'll need to make at least 1 whole new army of new units using new models. You might as well learn a skill and try to join the team doing the Eastern Front mod, at least they've got everything laid out and most of the coding done as well as models, skins, and animations.

As it is now, not all the modding tools are released yet, so you can't get fully working models into the game. Relics been promsing full modding tools since CoH released, and the last piece of the puzzle is the Object Editor, which they released in a fashion that no one could use, so they withdrew it months ago to write the documentation and clean it up.

Cross of Iron mod v1.0 Released!!!
Lethal Dosage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2008   #7
comrade

badhaggis is a n00b

ive done some prevous modding tho never on coh, and ive got some mapping experance, and ive got all the tools apart from the urrealesed ones so ill give it a go and fail + i think relic are working mostly on dow 2 which has been anounced for spring 2009 so relic will be busy with that so it'll be a while after that that the new expanson pack is realised, if its a new expansoin pack it could be coh2 at the moment im usesing the tools trying to get to know them.

Last edited by badhaggis; July 29th, 2008 at 03:05 AM. Reason: forgot to finnish post oops
Old July 30th, 2008   #8
SS Sturmregiment Wotan

Lethal Dosage is a n00b

While a sequel to CoH could well be in the works, the currently have a secret unnammed project thought to be related to COH, with beta testing positions being offered to people at the end of the current balancing beta, this combined with DLC and a rumoured Villiers-Bocage campaign, i think another expansion pack is more than likely.

Don't forget, Relic is a damn big company, and they have multiple dev teams, so they can quite easily work on DoW2, a CoH project, CoHo, as well as other PC and console titles.

It's always a good thing to learn something and get pratice with modelling or mapping (whatever you want to do), while waiting for the last of the tools, although considering Relic doesn't actually support modding (it's illegal to mod CoH according to the EULA), and their busy with the balancing beta and their "secret" project, don't hold your breath.

Cross of Iron mod v1.0 Released!!!
Lethal Dosage is offline   Reply With Quote