Go Back   GameFront Forums > The Games > Call of Duty Series > Call of Duty 4 > CoD4 Problems, Errors and Help

Remember Me?

CoD4 Problems, Errors and Help Call of Duty 4 not working? Need Help? Got useful tips on (technical) difficulties you experienced? Post all your problems and suggestions here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 20th, 2008   #1
I'm too cool to Post

Trnqlll is a n00b
Default Cod4 uninstall / install problems

At first, I couldn't launch cod4 due to somekind of error. Then I decided to reinstall cod and i deleted cod4. Now when I put the cd in the drive and launch it, it says: Play SP, Play MP, Uninstall and the ussual stuff as support etc. So i can't reinstall cod4, and i can't play it anymore because i deleted it.
wtf should i do xD?
Trnqlll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2008   #2
How many dogs are Pb'd?Maybe 2

Dark Saint has many friends around these partsDark Saint has many friends around these partsDark Saint has many friends around these partsDark Saint has many friends around these partsDark Saint has many friends around these partsDark Saint has many friends around these partsDark Saint has many friends around these parts
Send a message via MSN to Dark Saint
Default Re: Cod4 uninstall / install problems

How did you delete it ?

Twitter: @Vaudvillany
Formerlly known as ~Merrick
Former:Sof2,BF2,COD Moderator
Forum Trouble Maker!
Dark Saint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2008   #3
I'm too cool to Post

Trnqlll is a n00b

I found out I deleted it the wrong way, i just deleted the cod4 map... but i can't find any cod4 files on my pc and when I try to uninstall properly, no cod4 icon is showen

I also tried to install it on a new account but it still says Uninstall when i run the cd..
Old January 21st, 2008   #4
Call me Pingwin

Metall_pingwin has a commanding presenceMetall_pingwin has a commanding presenceMetall_pingwin has a commanding presenceMetall_pingwin has a commanding presenceMetall_pingwin has a commanding presenceMetall_pingwin has a commanding presenceMetall_pingwin has a commanding presenceMetall_pingwin has a commanding presenceMetall_pingwin has a commanding presenceMetall_pingwin has a commanding presenceMetall_pingwin has a commanding presence
Send a message via AIM to Metall_pingwin Send a message via MSN to Metall_pingwin

You have to do a registry edit... But I can't personally tell you what exactly to do. You can try to Google a Call of Duty 4 registry cleanup, or wait for someone else to put you though it step by step.
Metall_pingwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2008   #5
I'm too cool to Post

Trnqlll is a n00b

I downloaded a programm called "Advanced WindowsCare 2 personal", and did a registry fix. Completed the fix but still it says Uninstall when I run the cod4 dvd..

I'm not sure if this was what you meant by registry cleanup but if it was, it didn't work for me..
Old January 21st, 2008   #6

Dark Saint has many friends around these partsDark Saint has many friends around these partsDark Saint has many friends around these partsDark Saint has many friends around these partsDark Saint has many friends around these partsDark Saint has many friends around these partsDark Saint has many friends around these parts

ok.. if it is giving you the option to uninstall .. did you ?
If you are using xp get regscrubxp and use that.

It is finding left over stuff from the games install. you have to find it and get rid of it.
Or you can try to Open the disk and find the Setup.exe file and try installing from that portion.

Forum Trouble Maker!
Old January 21st, 2008   #7
I'm too cool to Post

Trnqlll is a n00b

Thx for the help, i did like u said about opening the disc and search for setup.exe, now it's working again ^^
Old January 21st, 2008   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trnqlll View Post
Thx for the help, i did like u said about opening the disc and search for setup.exe, now it's working again ^^
GREAT .. glad to hear it .

Forum Trouble Maker!
Old June 28th, 2009   #9
I'm too cool to Post

zaronator is a n00b

howdy. I got that communication failure thing. I done what u did. deleted cod4 off program files hoping it was the same thing as uninstalling. Same thing happened when i put in the disc as you. For about 5 months iv not been able to play and have been stuck. But luckily i found this forum LOL cheers
zaronator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2009   #10
I'm too cool to Post

jrwizbang is a n00b
Thumbs up Re: Cod4 uninstall / install problems

I have the answer to all your problems.....

first, insert the disk

next, click the start button on bottom left of your screen, go into computer

right click on the COD4, click open.

scroll down and look for a blue box with the shield thingy in front of it, it should say setup

then you simply right click or double click on that and it should re-install the game

This same problem has happened to me and i spent hours trying to figure it out talking with all my computer smart friends on face book....they had no answer and finally i figured it out

HOPE THIS SOLVES ALL YOUR PROBLEMS, IF NOT, CONTACT ME EITHER ON THIS FORUM OR VIA E-MAIL : speedemonf22@hotmail.com
jrwizbang is offline   Reply With Quote