Go Back   GameFront Forums > The Games > Call of Duty Series > Call of Duty > CoD Problems, Errors and Help

Remember Me?

CoD Problems, Errors and Help Call of Duty not working? Need Help? Got useful tips on (technical) difficulties you experienced? Post all your problems and suggestions here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 11th, 2004   #1
I'm too cool to Post

-ViLe- is a n00b
Default Multiplayer Constantly Freezing

Ok guys, i've run call of duty without error pretty much since its release. A few days ago i decided to upgrade my computer for Doom 3/HL2 etc.. etc... The specs are as follows:

MSI K8N neo platinum 64bit motherboard
AMD 3000+ CPU
ATI 9800 pro video card
1 gig of ram
120 gig raptor hardrive
Running XP-Pro etc.. etc..

Ok, so right after setting up my new PC, i installed CoD as, and joined a random MP game to test out the system. It ran beautifully, until about 10 minutes into the game. Every 5-10 minutes my entire game freezes (lasting roughly 5 seconds) and then quickly throws me back into action just as quickly as it began. This happens frequently/regularly and is hell during matches. When i check the cg_lagometer as this happens (After the game freeze finishes) the usually flat green bar has a huge space in it, followed by a vertical red line in both the ping/video sections of the lagometer. (The top and the bottom spike completely)

As i said, this happens roughly every 5-10 minutes, and only began after i installed CoD on my new computer. So what do i need to do to stop this, and/or what is the problem here? I'm planning on installing new Vid drivers in the near future, but i have doubts as to how much that will help.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks

Last edited by -ViLe-; August 11th, 2004 at 03:03 PM.
-ViLe- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2004   #2
The Internet ends at GF

{Nut}Major_Day is a n00b
Arrow Re: Multiplayer Constantly Freezing

I have read about this problem on other COD forums,and it seems to be a problem with the N'force3 chipset on the Neo platinum m/board,but if this post is anything to go by,MSI are working on the problem.

http://www.punksbusted.com/forums/in...l=cod+freezing

Last edited by {Nut}Major_Day; August 11th, 2004 at 04:14 PM.
{Nut}Major_Day is offline   Reply With Quote