Go Back   GameFront Forums > The Games > Call of Duty Series > Call of Duty > CoD Problems, Errors and Help

Remember Me?

CoD Problems, Errors and Help Call of Duty not working? Need Help? Got useful tips on (technical) difficulties you experienced? Post all your problems and suggestions here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 2nd, 2004   #1
I'm too cool to Post

PIMPNDABOX is a n00b
Default Invalid pk3 files error?

Hey,
Anyone in the know I appreciate any info you can give me on this. I downloaded the custom maps for COD files and extracted them to the main folder in COD and when I go to load the new maps I get a invalid Pk3 file error any ideas on what I did wrong? They didn't overwrite anything.. Thanks again
PIMPNDABOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2004   #2
I'm too cool to Post

T|A BLooD has disabled reputation
Default Re: Invalid pk3 files error?

do you have any other custom mods such as blood or crosshair?
T|A BLooD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2004   #3
I'm too cool to Post

The-baldy-1 is a n00b
Thumbs up Re: Invalid pk3 files error?

[QUOTE=PIMPNDABOX]Hey,
Anyone in the know I appreciate any info you can give me on this. I downloaded the custom maps for COD files and extracted them to the main folder in COD and when I go to load the new maps I get a invalid Pk3 file error any ideas on what I did wrong? They didn't overwrite anything.. Thanks again[/QUOTE

I did the same thing and mucked around in the main folder for hours and eventually
found out that not all cod servers allow custom pak3 files so take them out when u r not playing on a custom maps server
The-baldy-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2004   #4
I'm too cool to Post

PIMPNDABOX is a n00b

Nope those were the first files I've added since purchasing the game?
PIMPNDABOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2004   #5
Slightly cooler than a n00b

Rammer_DD is a n00b

you have too run and unpure server for the mods rite now

so just uncheck the pure server dot amd away you play

allso if you join a server that dont have the mod maps then you will get

pk3 errors too
Rammer_DD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2004   #6
dont touch my chocolate!!!

gamie is a n00b
icon_question Re: Invalid pk3 files error?

i have a invalid error when i enter a server with realism weapon skins and i love realism weapons skins what do i have to do now?
gamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2004   #7
SECRET SOCIETY

[[l>SS<l]]PANZER has disabled reputation

At the moment you can't use any outside PK3's! You also cannot open a pk3 file and change anything (like center xhairs, your clan tag as your compass backround, fonts,etc) then save it because it makes it un-pure. Same with you config file! you can't make it read only in COD ( so servers and hackers can't make changes) Servers would still be able to make some changes, but they would not stay that way when you leave that server. I like a center xhair/nogun showing combo which is how I've always played, but I'm stuck with a gun in the way for now. These things stop clean players, but do not stop cheaters. There is a cheat to work around this, but I'm not a cheater so I'm stuck! OH well! This is what everyone looks at. They worry about people hopping around instead of the real cheaters. Bunny hoppers are easy to deal with....aim High....they drop! simple. Wall hackers, and no recoil players are the ones to go after. That's the cheater. Not some dumb ass jumping around, but learn to shoot them. You always know where they are....you can see their head going by....lol! We'll soon have some update to stop this just because players can't aim. Then when you need to hop out of a fire fight you won't be able to....lol! It's the same as MOH. Players would get mad if you lean lol! Fire center and it drops the leaner everytime. Don't watch the lean and move with it lol! We need to worry about the handgun, smg, mg! I dropped a guy from across the map with a handgun.....Luck yeah, but come on even though it worked for me I still thought it was stupid. IF you drop a bullet down and fire a bullet straight at the same time they both hit the ground at the same time...they don't just go on and on!

WELCOME TO THE MACHINE!
[[l>SS<l]]PANZER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2004   #8
spartan61

spartan61 has disabled reputation

You can use ALL of the custom maps/mods BUT you cannot have more than 5 in your COD/MAIN at ONE TIME.

Create a folder such as OTHER MAPS and when you decide which maps you want to try, MOVE them into your COD/MAIN. When you want to try another bunch, MOVE the first group back into OTHER MAPS and then MOVE the newer ones into COD/MAIN.

You won't see the pak sum / name mismatch error

Spartan

==================
Lee - NH
Live Free or Die
==================
spartan61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2004   #9
I'm too cool to Post

Taras Kukhta is a n00b

Hey, I didn't down any maps, skins, mods etc., but I still have a problem with invalid pk3 files! What can it be?!
Taras Kukhta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2004   #10
spartan61

spartan61 has disabled reputation

Do you have any mods in your game ? Like HoB in COD? That could give the errors. Otherwise you have a mod for something that the game checker doesn't like.

Lee

==================
Lee - NH
Live Free or Die
==================
spartan61 is offline   Reply With Quote