Go Back   GameFront Forums > The Games > Call of Duty Series > Call of Duty > CoD Problems, Errors and Help

Remember Me?

CoD Problems, Errors and Help Call of Duty not working? Need Help? Got useful tips on (technical) difficulties you experienced? Post all your problems and suggestions here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 25th, 2003   #1
I'm too cool to Post

RevolverOcelot is a n00b
Default whats the problem? (blinking and flashing screen)

day I recieved CoD for Christmas. So I take it to my computer and install it. I put Disc 1 and click on CoD Singleplayer. So Im at the intro and I do not feel like watching it so I just click and the screen just blinks and it sits there for 5 mins and I restart my computer. I click in and watch the intro this time. I get into the game perfectly... So I come out and go in again. I click on the screen with the intro and it starts blinking and flashing again. So I restart my computer again and this time I click on Multiplayer and I get in and it starts blinking and flashing what the hell is going on? Im running a Pentium 4 800MHz Nividia GeForce4 420 Go..Any thoughts on what might be wrong?
RevolverOcelot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2003   #2
Slightly cooler than a n00b

niels is a n00b
Default Re: whats the problem? (blinking and flashing screen)

try to update your 3d-card drivers from the site of your laptop manufacter and have you already installed direct x 9.0 b. if you haven't got a laptop you must download it from the nvideasite. are you sure you have got a pentium if not don't worry it will work perfect then. (sorry for my bad english)
niels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2003   #3
I'm too cool to Post

dansin1234 is a n00b
Default Re: whats the problem? (blinking and flashing screen)

yeah, i'm having the same problem. I have mobile pentium, also with geforce 420 go.. it does the same thing. I found out from somebody that if u right lcick on singleplayer shortcut and go to properties, enter
+set cl_motd 0
so it reads
"C:\Program Files\Call of Duty\CoDSP.exe" +set cl_motd 0

this seemed to have removed the blinking and flashing.

But, I have another problem. The game crashes to desktop a few seconds after i start playing, butin various places. very annoying cos i can't play the game! can anyone help??
dansin1234 is offline   Reply With Quote