Go Back   GameFront Forums > The Games > Command and Conquer Series > CnC Modding, Mapping and Editing

Remember Me?

CnC Modding, Mapping and Editing Want more info about a Mod? Making a Mod? Looking for Modders, Mappers, Skinners, etc.? This is your Spot!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 19th, 2008   #1
I'm too cool to Post

street9009 is a n00b
Default Changing "rules" of RA3

Anyone know how easily done, if at all, it is to change the "rules" of RA3, like could be done with the original red alert? I always liked changing when a nuke was available, or the cost of buildings and stuff and I haven't seen anything like that with this. Admitedly it's been a long time since I played C&C, so I figured I'd ask the experts.
street9009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2008   #2
Pro-Filer thinks I'm cool!!

anazonda should make some friends
Send a message via MSN to anazonda
Default Re: Changing "rules" of RA3

If you're asking if there is a file called "rules.ini" the answer is no. Fact is that the game is still so new that wery few people have figured out how to change the tinyest elements.

Personal opinions are not endorsed by FileFront!

LOOK OUT: FLYING BUTTFISH
anazonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2008   #3
U are Being Watched

Star_Shadow is a n00b
Default Re: Changing "rules" of RA3

Anazonda is indeed correct. If you are looking to extract that ever so missed ".Ini" file, you're S.O.L. RA3 builds off of the SAGE engine's ".BIG" files, which you can download the .BigExtractor here on Command and Conquer 3, Command and Conquer 3 Downloads - FileFront.com , but the design is a mess and modifying ANYTHING takes alot of trial, error, or moderate knowledge in Coding/Scripting.

Blame it on the flying monkeys
Star_Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote