Go Back   GameFront Forums > The Games > Grand Theft Auto Series > GTA: San Andreas > Chop Shop

Remember Me?

Chop Shop For all Modding/Models/Skinning Discussions for GTA: SA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 1st, 2006   #1
I'm too cool to Post

MrDongDong has disabled reputation
Exclamation How to add new car or skin in GTA:SA?

Hey.
I went to some site and I downloaded some car(Maserati Spyder Cambiocorsa).I have on my computer IMGTool v2 installed and I replaced esperant.txd and esperant.dff.I replaced that lines(vehicles.ide ...)and when I started the game the esperant was still the same.Next time I checked that lines 20 times and I carefully replaced it with the old ones but it still didn't worked...whats the problem?

MrDongDong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2006   #2
Slightly cooler than a n00b

Mouse89 is a n00b
Default Re: How to add new car or skin in GTA:SA?

If you are sure you used IMGtool the proper way, and that you have saved the vehicle.ide file (and or others), I've got no idea what can go wrong... except: have you added the downloaded files to "gta3.img", or did you replace the originals?? if you only added them then you've got 2 esperant.txt and 2 esperant.dff files in your "gta3.img" file. the best thing to do is to delete the originals first(please do make a back-up using the "extract" option), and after that add the downloaded files using the "add" option. This way u are sure that the game won't mistake one file for another.

I hope this helps, if not, I've got no idea what did go wrong. I also hope you don't feel insulted by the thorough walktrough, I assume you are a starter, if not, sorry.
Please, let me know if it worked.
Mouse89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2006   #3
I'm too cool to Post

omph15 has disabled reputation

hi
i have downloaded so many cars on this site but every time i install one the game freezes halfway through loading and its starting to annoy me beccause i cant get new cars on there
omph15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2006   #4
Slightly cooler than a n00b

Mouse89 is a n00b

I've had that to, it was caused by one mod I downloaded. It would place a trade center with cars en stuf at Verdant Meadow. After putting the back-ups back where they belonged the game just loaded again...

The problem can also be caused by the version of the game. Which version do you have?? I've heard that you can't put mods in with the second version of San Andreas.
Mouse89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2006   #5
Banned
El Bano

-Erik- is someone we should all be proud of-Erik- is someone we should all be proud of

Its best if you download san andreas mod installer. Its tottaly easy for installing vehicles. Better than IMG tool.
-Erik- is offline   Reply With Quote