Go Back   GameFront Forums > The Games > Battlefield Series > Battlefield 2 > BF2 Problems, Errors and Help

Remember Me?

BF2 Problems, Errors and Help Battlefield 2 not working? Need Help? Post all your problems here!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 3rd, 2005   #1
I'm the one they should fear..

maianagent007 has disabled reputation
Default Battlefield 2 No Worky....d3dx9_25.dll not found

I got Battlefield 2, installed it, and I can't get it to work. There is an error that appears after the Battlefield 2 logo flashes on the screen. The error says:
"The appalication failed to start because d3dx9_25.dll was not found. Reinstalling the application may fix this."
Of course I reinstalled it but it didn't fix it. I've heard it was a Direct X 9.0c and I needed to reinstall it. I tried that but it didn't work. There is a DX installer file on the BF2 disc. I tried to use that but an error appears just before the loading bar starts, it says: "A cabinet file neccessary for installation cannot be trusted." Then the installation fails. Noone seems to know how to fix this crap. Anyone have a clue?
Old August 3rd, 2005   #2
puff..puff..shoot

andrewizcool05 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Battlefield 2 No Worky....d3dx9_25.dll not found

hmm thats a thinker. well if itys missing dll and uninstalling didn't work, y don't u try locating the missing dll on the cd and copying it to the bf2 folder. that may work. i know that reformating and reinstalling will work, but thats a pain. srry i culdnt be of more help

AMD 3400+ (oced to 2.7)/DFi lanparty nf3 250GB mobo/1 GB ram/1x 80 GB sata150 hd/6800le 12x6 unlocked oced to 435/875/a bottle of shiner sitting next to my monitor
bow down to its budget gloriness
Old August 4th, 2005   #3
Circular Error ProbabilityZero

OneTinSoldier should make some friends

The fact that you are getting the message "A Cabinet file neccessary for installation cannot be truested" seems pretty strange. I hope there is nothing wrong/corrupted with either your BF2 disc or your installation of Windows XP.

With that said, there may be a way around this lame message you are getting so that you can install the DirectX 9.0c with the installer that is on the BF2 disc. I recommend that you do go ahead and use the DirectX installer that is in the BF2 disc to get DirectX 9.0c installed.

To try and get it to install do the following...

1) Make sure you are logged in as 'Administrator'.

2) Pull up the Windows 'Control Panel'.

3) System --> Hardware tab --> Driver Signing button --> Click/check the 'Ignore - Install the software anyway and don't ask for my approval' bullet.

4) Make sure the checkbox below titled 'Make this action the system default' is checked.

5) Now try installing DirectX 9.0c from your BF2 disc again.

6) When you did all of the above steps you were logged on as Administrator.. right!?!?

Please, come back and let me know if that worked for you!! I hope it does and good luck.

Regards,

OneTinSoldier
Old August 4th, 2005   #4

I went ahead and made the adjustments then tried to install the DX file from the BF2 DVD disc but the same error appeared. I have already talked to a EA tech and we have tried just about everything. He told me to get my DVD-ROM updated. But it seems to be a big headache to do that. And I DO NOT want to reformat my hard drive. Already did that at the beginning of May. I appreciate any more help you can give. Here are my specs I forgot to include before:

AMD +3400 2.2GHz
Radeon X800 (fully updated, by the way)
1024Mb RAM
DVD-ROM Sony DDU1612
Old August 4th, 2005   #5
How many dogs are Pb'd?Maybe 2

Dark Saint has many friends around these partsDark Saint has many friends around these partsDark Saint has many friends around these partsDark Saint has many friends around these partsDark Saint has many friends around these partsDark Saint has many friends around these partsDark Saint has many friends around these parts
Send a message via MSN to Dark Saint

It isn't an issue with your specs. there is a corrupt file on either your windows install or your Bf2 install.

There is always a folder left over for these games. Uninstall the game then find the left over folder and DELETE that manually. when that is done Check your windows installation on the micro$oft website and get whatever updates you are missing.
Then update the firmware for your dvd drive depending on how old it is.
Then go restart your pc again. Then slap it once in the mouth just for good measure.

Now after all that .....you may reinstall bf2.

Twitter: @Vaudvillany
Formerlly known as ~Merrick
Former:Sof2,BF2,COD Moderator
Forum Trouble Maker!
Old August 5th, 2005   #6

Lol MerrickDS. I hope the poor fellow can get this solved. I figured it might be a corrupt file somewhere which is the pits. I wouldn't want to have to reformat and reinstall Windows XP either, and I have had my install going for about 10 months!
Old August 5th, 2005   #7
The Internet ends at GF

ZZZargo333 has disabled reputation

sounds like A. u got a virus B. u deleted something us houldnt have, or C.sumtn jus messed up and u may need to reinstall windows unless u really think u can find whats wrong with ur comp
Old August 5th, 2005   #8
I would die without GF

apocalypse_kid has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by maianagent007
I got Battlefield 2, installed it, and I can't get it to work. There is an error that appears after the Battlefield 2 logo flashes on the screen. The error says:
"The appalication failed to start because d3dx9_25.dll was not found. Reinstalling the application may fix this."
Of course I reinstalled it but it didn't fix it. I've heard it was a Direct X 9.0c and I needed to reinstall it. I tried that but it didn't work. There is a DX installer file on the BF2 disc. I tried to use that but an error appears just before the loading bar starts, it says: "A cabinet file neccessary for installation cannot be trusted." Then the installation fails. Noone seems to know how to fix this crap. Anyone have a clue?
Yes, the simple answer is that you MUST remove DX before re-installing! Trying to install the same version DX over the top doesn't do a thing, you have to use a DX eradicator program to get rid of all the files.

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Securit...adicator.shtml

Then get a fresh DX9c installable from the MS website;

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/s...n&categoryid=2

And install that.

Good luck

AK

Running along the plains, swinging buzzsaw hand extensions, cometh Apocalypse_kid! And he gives a gutteral grunt:

"In the name of malice, I will bend the enemy to my wicked will!"
Old August 5th, 2005   #9

Thanks guys, I just have a few more checks to make then I'll try your advice. Don't want to be hasty with a $1,700 machine. I'll let you know how it goes for future reference.
Old August 5th, 2005   #10

Since my suggestion didn't work I hope that AK's works for you!

Again... good luck,

OTS
Closed Thread