December 21st, 2003
I'm too cool to Post
Join Date: December 21st, 2003
Rep Power: 0
| | Re: Eve of Destruction Crashing on Map load
Originally Posted by The_Smoking_Man
Hmmmm. Well all I can say is that the paths (tree structure) for both EOD and SilentHeros are the following: \Mods\EOD\Archives\bf1942\levels <--------------------Eve of Destruction \Mods\silentheroes\Archives\bf1942\levels <------------------------Silent Heros It looks like all the files are good, and they are all *.rfa files. What am I supposed to move/copy, and to where?
I copied all the files from within the 'EOD\Archives\bf1942\levels
' path to its parent directory 'EOD\Archives\bf1942'; still no dice. Also, when the proggie crashes the desktop screen resolution drops resets to the default 800x600 sizing. This is bogus.
YES THIS IS A DOUBLE POST
It looks like there a few other users posting threads on this board with identical problems, however they neither discuss anything in detail nor have any meaningful solutions attributed.
Listed below is a more concise listing of my observations:
- The crash only happens when an Internet Game is joined.
- At about 50% of the map loads, it crashes to the desktop without error.
- The crash happens regardless of whether the remote host is dedicated or not.
- Crash only happens within the EOD mod.
- Crash happens regardless of screen resolution (windowed and not windowed) or 16/32 bit depth.
- Re-installation does nothing to resolve this problem.
- Does anybody having these problems have a similar system setup as I posted above?
- Is this a weird issue with ATI's OpenGL renderer?
- How many of the people having this issue are using Hyper-Threading CPUs?
- Are you using the OnBoard sound, instead of a PCI Expansion card?
- Are there any switches I should/ should not be using?
My guess is that since all other MOD's and programs run well on my PC setup, that the problem lies with this MOD or it's install/setup/settings, and not the system configuration.