Go Back   GameFront Forums > The Games > Battlefield Series > Battlefield 2142 > BF 2142 Problems, Errors and Help

Remember Me?

BF 2142 Problems, Errors and Help Battlefield 2142 not working? Need Help? Post all your problems here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 20th, 2007   #1
Republic Commando

Yoda912 is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to Yoda912
Default Please insert installer cd error

I was able to install the game in my dvd drive with no problems, but then when I try to play it, it says that I need to insert the install disc into my drive. Well it is already in there.. I only have one dvd drive so i know that I don't have it in the wrong one. I noticed quite a few people have had this problem in the ea forums. Anyone know how to fix it? Oh, I have contacted EA support and so far they have been of no help.

Yoda912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2007   #2
I'm too cool to Post

s7!rasinh3ll has disabled reputation
Thumbs down Re: Please insert installer cd error

sounds to me like u got a copy of the game i suggest you go buy the game or google the error for a hint on a workaround
s7!rasinh3ll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2007   #3
I'm too cool to Post

s7!rasinh3ll has disabled reputation
Default Re: Please insert installer cd error

update

Battlefield 2142 hasn't had a smooth launch; in addition to today's controversy over alleged spyware, a recent patch for the game recommends players to remove Windows XP security update KB917422, meant to solve an issue that "could allow an attacker to compromise your Windows-based system and gain control over it."

Glancing through the readme file for Battlefield 2142's patch, here's what Electronic Arts says:
"Players who have the Windows security update KB917422 installed may suffer from an application error when running Battlefield 2142. This error can be solved by uninstalling the KB917422 update."
Blame, however, does not rest EA but with Microsoft, as a quick Google search of KB917422 brings up many gamers, developers and publishers bitching about the Windows update breaking various games and applications. What have users found is the easiest way to solve the problem? Remove KB917422 or install hotfix KB924867, apparently available by contacting Microsoft directly by calling 800-936-3100.
Even if you simply remove KB917422, you are not opening yourself up to anonymous hackers. This could only happen in two scenarios: "one user running on the machine can force himself to a higher privilege," which means they must have access to your computer locally, or visiting "a specially designed hostile website can force its way to the users privilege, if the user voluntarily performs a sequence of operations." Do either of those sound likely?

For those interested, however, here are the steps to remove KB917422:
1. Go to START | CONTROL PANEL | ADD AND REMOVE PROGRAMS icon.
2. Tick the little box that says SHOW UPDATES.
3. At the bottom of the list of installed programs, look for the update called Security Update for Windows XP (KB917422).
4. Click on it to highlight it and click the REMOVE button.
5. Once the update has been uninstalled, Restart the machine.
may work may not let me know wat goes

Reference - http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3154527
s7!rasinh3ll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2007   #4
I'm too cool to Post

anti-monster has disabled reputation

I am getting this same error with my game, yes it is a retail version, yes the dvd is in the correct drive (as i have only 1). Running on Vista Home Premium 32bit. Any help would be great, and of course if any more info is needed just ask!

Thanks.
anti-monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2007   #5
The Internet ends at GF

spo8 is a n00b

same prob here , i notice'd i turned on YASU too run a iso , then later when i wanted to play bf2142 i got this message to put in the dvd witch was in (and yes i got a legal version of bf2142) so i turned yasu off witch i was sure this is the issue but still no luck , even deamon tools turned off : nothing.
spo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2007   #6
The Internet ends at GF

spo8 is a n00b

ok i think i found the solution it has to do with Safedisk - so i have update'd this cd protection utility by installing the update

http://www.macrovision.com/products/...c/safedisc.exe

make sure deamon tools or any other cd-dvd emulation software is turned off aswell as YASU.
now it should work - it does here.
spo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2007   #7
I don't spend enough time here

bf2master is a n00b

Same problem plz help but i have windows xp proffensional
bf2master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2007   #8
I'm too cool to Post

koukla91 is a n00b
Default same problem

I have the exact same problem...
I have the legit cd and came wit the code in the box and everything...i installed it and cliked on new game.waits a few seconds then says "please insert half-life cd" but the cd is already in there like HELLO?!?!?!
can some1 help me pleaseeeee!!
email me sxc-grk@hotmail.com
koukla91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2008   #9
I'm too cool to Post

MrChrisNorris is a n00b

I had the same problem. It started when I purchased a SATA Samsung SH-S203. I tried to update the firmware, however this did not work. My fix for the problem was installing my old IDE drive back in (Sony DRU-810A)
MrChrisNorris is offline   Reply With Quote