Go Back   GameFront Forums > The Games > Battlefield Series > Battlefield 2 > Battlefield 2 General Discussion

Remember Me?

View Poll Results: Would you want BF2/2142 to have a campaign mode with an awesome storyline?
Hellz yeah! 29 90.63%
Nah, I like noob-toobing online better. 3 9.38%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 26th, 2006   #1
Pride of the U.S. of A.

XithShadow is a n00b
Default Battlefield 2/2142 Campaign?

Guys I think BF2 and BF2142 should have a campaign like BF2MC

The reason for this is that they are awesome games, and sometimes you'd want a break from online gameplay or you are a serious BF2 addict and you bring it w/ you on travel and then you suddenly realize your hotel ain't got no internet (arrggghhh!)

Besides, a campaign/storyline could take advantage of the awesome gameplay and gfx for BF2. In fact, it could be better than Killzone or even Halo!
XithShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2006   #2
Snipes With Artillery

Crazy Wolf - the Honoured OneCrazy Wolf - the Honoured OneCrazy Wolf - the Honoured OneCrazy Wolf - the Honoured OneCrazy Wolf - the Honoured OneCrazy Wolf - the Honoured OneCrazy Wolf - the Honoured OneCrazy Wolf - the Honoured OneCrazy Wolf - the Honoured OneCrazy Wolf - the Honoured OneCrazy Wolf - the Honoured One
Default Re: Battlefield 2/2142 Campaign?

It could be interesting, but instead of capturing flags at random, force you to go one route, or defend a certain position. It would be cool if you got extra points for use of OPFOR weapons...

Personal opinions endorsed by Zamamee

Crazy Wolf. The people's choice.
Crazy Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2006   #3
Pride of the U.S. of A.

XithShadow is a n00b

I think instead of that it could be like you have to kill all the enemy, or capture a specific flag (area) in order to finish the job.
Old April 26th, 2006   #4
Snipes With Artillery

Crazy Wolf - the Honoured OneCrazy Wolf - the Honoured OneCrazy Wolf - the Honoured OneCrazy Wolf - the Honoured OneCrazy Wolf - the Honoured OneCrazy Wolf - the Honoured OneCrazy Wolf - the Honoured OneCrazy Wolf - the Honoured OneCrazy Wolf - the Honoured OneCrazy Wolf - the Honoured OneCrazy Wolf - the Honoured One

Perhaps. Then, defend that position, blow up certain stuff, etc. It'd be nice to have bots following you that resupply and heal you and cover you and stuff...

Personal opinions endorsed by Zamamee

Crazy Wolf. The people's choice.
Crazy Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2006   #5
Pride of the U.S. of A.

XithShadow is a n00b

Definitely. And of course I hope EA/DICE will improve the bots and make them better. Besides, they could base it on any given FPS game, but ten times better.

I would definitely buy BF2142 if it had a campaign mode. It'd make good use of the strong storyline of the New Ice Age.

As for defending an area, you could give the player, say, 2 minutes to ward off attacks by the enemy, which throws all kinds of crap at him, and make sure they won't capture the flag or else you lose.
Old April 27th, 2006   #6
is back.

fr0zentw should make some friends

i think most people's answer will be yes but anyways, i would like it since campaign always adds a bit more to the time you can spend on a game.
currently im not too interested in BF2 ... too many bugs/cheapness..

fr0zentw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2006   #7
Banned
El Bano

ANZACSAS is as cool as a ModeratorANZACSAS is as cool as a ModeratorANZACSAS is as cool as a ModeratorANZACSAS is as cool as a ModeratorANZACSAS is as cool as a ModeratorANZACSAS is as cool as a ModeratorANZACSAS is as cool as a ModeratorANZACSAS is as cool as a ModeratorANZACSAS is as cool as a ModeratorANZACSAS is as cool as a ModeratorANZACSAS is as cool as a Moderator

whta? campang? hell no....there will never be one in any BF game.

I was stupid enough, despite several warnings, to get my self banned. First I was generally rude in a thread, which got me temp banned. Then I came back with another account just so I could post in vengeance against one of the moderators . And that upgraded my temp-ban to a permanent ban.
ANZACSAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2006   #8
Pride of the U.S. of A.

XithShadow is a n00b

if we force them with our noobish powers there may be
Old April 27th, 2006   #9
Slightly cooler than a n00b

Jaden0x3 has disabled reputation

I think it should be like the campaign in CNC renegade, the multiplayer was about destroying bases, but the singleplayer was about "sneaking" behind the lines, and then killing certain guys, and blowing up stuff.

BF2142 could maybe, make command points un-capable, but when you have killed all the units in the vicenity(spelled wrong, yes i know.), it self destructs.
Jaden0x3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2006   #10
Pride of the U.S. of A.

XithShadow is a n00b

i agree. however, i dont want it to be EXACTLY like renegade. I hate using points to buy units and the stupid timer system.