Go Back   GameFront Forums > The Games > Age of Empires Series > Age of Mythology > AoM Problems, Errors and Help

Remember Me?

AoM Problems, Errors and Help Age of Mythology not working? Need Help? Post all your problems here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 16th, 2010   #11
I'm too cool to Post

kedger33 is a n00b
Default Re: unable to find splash resources

I moved the Age of Mythology folder to a different drive to save space on the other, and when I tried to run the game it came up with this message: Unable to find splash resources. After reading through this thread I realized it was the registry problem. The registry still has the original game location stored, and just needs to be changed to the new location. You can do this by going to:

1. Start
2. Run, type in regedit
3. Then locate your Age of Mythology folder, you may need to do a bit of searching. (Mine was Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\M icrosoft\Microsoft Games)
4. Once there you downdrop the Age of Mythology folder, then select 1.0.
5. In the main window there will be a couple registry entries, the one you need to change is AppPath. Change it to the new file location. (Ex. D:\Age of Mythology instead of C:\Program Files\Age of Mythology)
5. If you have the expansion installed, you will need to do it to that folder also, it is probably located under the original one in the Registry Editor.

Hope it works!
kedger33 is offline   Reply With Quote